2017 Big East tournament thread - Thursday games

The home for Big East hoops

Re: 2017 Big East tournament thread - Thursday games

Postby Doge McDermott » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:27 pm

Bill Marsh wrote:
ecasadoSBU wrote:Anyone watching the UCLA v. USC game right now... and the awkward discussion between both commentators? WTF is going on. Never seen something like this happen on ESPN. So awkward. I forgot the commentators name...

EDIT: Nevermind apparently bill walton is known to do this. This is what happens when you watch nothing but big east basketball

What was the topic of the awkward conversation?

Bill Walton? Probably weed.
Doge McDermott

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Jet915 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:11 am

Doge McDermott wrote:
Bill Marsh wrote:
ecasadoSBU wrote:Anyone watching the UCLA v. USC game right now... and the awkward discussion between both commentators? WTF is going on. Never seen something like this happen on ESPN. So awkward. I forgot the commentators name...

EDIT: Nevermind apparently bill walton is known to do this. This is what happens when you watch nothing but big east basketball

What was the topic of the awkward conversation?

Bill Walton? Probably weed.

Bill Walton to Dave Pasch during UCLA-Arizona: "Have you ever spent time in a visiting room in a prison?"
Jet915

Postby billyjack » Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:06 am

Guy is hilarious... other Bill Walton tidbits tonight:
- he's going down the street to the John Fogarty concert after the game.
- Lonzo Ball hurt his thumb... Walton to play-by-play guy: "did you ever hurt your thumb? you have? how? when they handed you your silver spoon?"
- while calling Arizona's offense efficient and based on "sustainability", said to the play by play guy "sustainable... unlike you, who likes coal..."
- Arizona trying to break press... too much dribbling... "throw the ball ahead... look at this... it's like Marques Haynes..."
- has referred to the Pac-12 as the "Conference Of Champions" around 237 times.

plus a ton of other stuff that i can't remember... one of my favorite announcers.

Meanwhile, on ESPN-U, a guard on Cal State Fullerton has the best name in college hoops... Lionheart Leslie. Also, the Fullerton game analyst is the great Mark Plansky, national champion as a freshman at Villanova, who also led the Cats to the Elite-8 in 1988.
Providence
billyjack

Postby Bill Marsh » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:05 am

billyjack wrote:Guy is hilarious... other Bill Walton tidbits tonight:
- he's going down the street to the John Fogarty concert after the game.
- Lonzo Ball hurt his thumb... Walton to play-by-play guy: "did you ever hurt your thumb? you have? how? when they handed you your silver spoon?"
- while calling Arizona's offense efficient and based on "sustainability", said to the play by play guy "sustainable... unlike you, who likes coal..."
- Arizona trying to break press... too much dribbling... "throw the ball ahead... look at this... it's like Marques Haynes..."
- has referred to the Pac-12 as the "Conference Of Champions" around 237 times.

plus a ton of other stuff that i can't remember... one of my favorite announcers.

Meanwhile, on ESPN-U, a guard on Cal State Fullerton has the best name in college hoops... Lionheart Leslie. Also, the Fullerton game analyst is the great Mark Plansky, national champion as a freshman at Villanova, who also led the Cats to the Elite-8 in 1988.

Priceless. :lol:

The silver spoon comment reminds me of Molly Ivins' description of George Bush as having been born with a silver foot in his mouth.
Bill Marsh

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board