2017 Big East tournament thread - Thursday games

The home for Big East hoops

Re: 2017 Big East tournament thread - Thursday games

Postby Omaha1 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:47 pm

I have absolutely no idea how Creighton is only down by three points after that abysmal first half. Lineups all screwed because of fouls. Second half can't be worse so im actually hopeful.
Nebraska by birth, Creighton by choice.
Omaha1

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Jet915 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:47 pm

Omaha1 wrote:Goodness watching CU is actually painful at this point.

But only down 3 at half which is kind of amazing...
Jet915

Postby Omaha1 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:32 pm

The bright side is that this is the best Patton has played in a while.
Nebraska by birth, Creighton by choice.
Omaha1

Postby BluejaysForThree » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:19 am

Jays get past Providence to head into the BET Semi-Finals. That game was tough to watch at times, really sloppy play from both sides and the constant whistles from the zebras. The Jays found a way to overcome some really bad play in the first half to get some revenge for the tough loss last month in Omaha.

Now it's on to the Semi-Final matchup featuring the two teams that were supposed to challenge Nova for the Big East regular season crown this year, but of course were derailed by catastrophic injuries. This is going to be an interesting matchup, X looks like it is catching fire at the right time, however the third game in three nights I could imagine might wear on them, especially in the second half tomorrow night.

The Jays need to start making their free throws more consistently, keep Foster, Thomas and Patton out of foul trouble, and hit their threes tomorrow night. If they do that against X, then I really like their chances.
BluejaysForThree

Postby JohnW22 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:21 am

Well this is the final 4 teams most would have expected preseason but nobody would have guess the seeds of these teams preseason. I think Creighton owes Xavier a little something after winning up there. I have troubles seeing Xavier pull out the win. Last time it took 16 from Jones and Goodin which will not happen again. Stranger things have happened though.
XU
JohnW22

Postby billyjack » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:39 am

Good game by the Jays. PC had some bad stretches, but to me it was because of the very active Creighton defense. Good news for CU is that Mintz I think has turned the corner, just needs to dial it down a little. I think Creighton should be able to go on a run in the NCAA's... lot of weapons.
Providence
billyjack

Postby stever20 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:56 am

the thing that's so wild right now for Xavier is they would really probably be much better off losing now tomorrow night. A win tomorrow probably equals them getting up to the 9 line which you don't want. I think right now they are in that 10 or 11 line but not in the first 4. Really the best case if you aren't in the top 7 line. Plus not sure them getting 4 games this week would be all that conducive for next weekend and success then when it really matters.
stever20

Postby Jet915 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:05 am

stever20 wrote:the thing that's so wild right now for Xavier is they would really probably be much better off losing now tomorrow night. A win tomorrow probably equals them getting up to the 9 line which you don't want. I think right now they are in that 10 or 11 line but not in the first 4. Really the best case if you aren't in the top 7 line. Plus not sure them getting 4 games this week would be all that conducive for next weekend and success then when it really matters.

Plus a Creighton win probably guarantees them a 6-7 seed.
Jet915

Postby stever20 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:07 am

Jet915 wrote:
stever20 wrote:the thing that's so wild right now for Xavier is they would really probably be much better off losing now tomorrow night. A win tomorrow probably equals them getting up to the 9 line which you don't want. I think right now they are in that 10 or 11 line but not in the first 4. Really the best case if you aren't in the top 7 line. Plus not sure them getting 4 games this week would be all that conducive for next weekend and success then when it really matters.

Plus a Creighton win probably guarantees them a 6-7 seed.

yeah, totally agree.

hold on, you and I agree 100% on something for like the 2nd time this week. What the hell is going on around here?
stever20

Postby ecasadoSBU » Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:23 am

Anyone watching the UCLA v. USC game right now... and the awkward discussion between both commentators? WTF is going on. Never seen something like this happen on ESPN. So awkward. I forgot the commentators name...

EDIT: Nevermind apparently bill walton is known to do this. This is what happens when you watch nothing but big east basketball
Last edited by ecasadoSBU on Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:41 am, edited 3 times in total.
Stony Brook Red, Connecticut Blue, and Big East basketball!
ecasadoSBU

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board