2017 Big East tournament thread - Thursday games

The home for Big East hoops

Re: 2017 Big East tournament thread - Thursday games

Postby Bill Marsh » Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:25 am

Providence and Marquette did not do what they had to do today. I fear their bids may be in jeopardy. Hope I'm wrong.
Bill Marsh

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Bill Marsh » Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:42 am

ecasadoSBU wrote:Anyone watching the UCLA v. USC game right now... and the awkward discussion between both commentators? WTF is going on. Never seen something like this happen on ESPN. So awkward. I forgot the commentators name...

EDIT: Nevermind apparently bill walton is known to do this. This is what happens when you watch nothing but big east basketball

What was the topic of the awkward conversation?
Bill Marsh

Postby kayako » Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:44 am

Bill Marsh wrote:Providence and Marquette did not do what they had to do today. I fear their bids may be in jeopardy. Hope I'm wrong.

If their wins vs Xavier and Creighton looked questionable before, they looks a little better now. I think the results were optimal for the league. But I think it's close enough that there should be lots of scoreboard watching tomorrow. Seeing the likes of Kansas State creep back into the picture reminds me of this old video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxyPeME9TbI
supernova
kayako

Postby butlerguy03 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:39 am

I hate to say it, but at least Butler's loss let another Big East team in the big dance. As a Butler fan, I'm ready to face a team from another conference. Man, it's been a meat grinder this year.
Butler University '03
butlerguy03

Postby ArmyVet » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:40 am

Crowds have looked great on TV.
ArmyVet

Postby cu blujs » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:59 am

Bill Marsh wrote:
ecasadoSBU wrote:Anyone watching the UCLA v. USC game right now... and the awkward discussion between both commentators? WTF is going on. Never seen something like this happen on ESPN. So awkward. I forgot the commentators name...

EDIT: Nevermind apparently bill walton is known to do this. This is what happens when you watch nothing but big east basketball

Get out a little. Bill Walton is at times very entertaining to listen to and at times very tedious to listen to. But, sometimes when he gets on a stream of consciousness it is pretty funny, and because I don't think anyone thinks in the colors that Bill Walton thinks, there is nothing his partner can do to carry along the conversation. So, yes there can be some awkward conversations.
cu blujs

Postby cu blujs » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:01 am

stever20 wrote:
Jet915 wrote:
stever20 wrote:the thing that's so wild right now for Xavier is they would really probably be much better off losing now tomorrow night. A win tomorrow probably equals them getting up to the 9 line which you don't want. I think right now they are in that 10 or 11 line but not in the first 4. Really the best case if you aren't in the top 7 line. Plus not sure them getting 4 games this week would be all that conducive for next weekend and success then when it really matters.

Plus a Creighton win probably guarantees them a 6-7 seed.

yeah, totally agree.

hold on, you and I agree 100% on something for like the 2nd time this week. What the hell is going on around here?

So then, we all agree right? X should just lay down tonight.
cu blujs

Postby Bill Marsh » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:11 am

cu blujs wrote:
stever20 wrote:
Jet915 wrote:
Plus a Creighton win probably guarantees them a 6-7 seed.

yeah, totally agree.

hold on, you and I agree 100% on something for like the 2nd time this week. What the hell is going on around here?

So then, we all agree right? X should just lay down tonight.

I'm glad you're being objective about this. :lol:
Bill Marsh

Postby billyjack » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:56 am

cu blujs wrote:
Bill Marsh wrote:

Get out a little. Bill Walton is at times very entertaining to listen to and at times very tedious to listen to. But, sometimes when he gets on a stream of consciousness it is pretty funny, and because I don't think anyone thinks in the colors that Bill Walton thinks, there is nothing his partner can do to carry along the conversation. So, yes there can be some awkward conversations.

The scary thing for me is that i think like Walton too and he seems sane to me...
:shock:
Providence
billyjack

Postby Wizard of Westroads » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:11 am

butlerguy03 wrote:As a Butler fan, I'm ready to face a team from another conference. Man, it's been a meat grinder this year.

Imagine what it was like for the 8 of us who finished below you in the standings! :)
Wizard of Westroads

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board