Wed. Marquette @ Xavier

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Wed. Marquette @ Xavier

Postby Bill Marsh » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:36 pm

JohnW22 wrote:
stever20 wrote:

Like I said, if X misses the tourney, it would be one of the most shocking ones to me in recent memory.

I wouldn't say it would be too shocking giving the circumstances this season. If They had the roster they expected and missed then it would be shocking. Still if they miss the tournament given all that happened it would be a major surprise. Xavier has to find some way to beat DePaul twice and I don't know if this team has it in them.

Agree. Not to mention that DePaul is better than they are being credit for. While certainly capable of putting up some some stokers, they've also shown themselves to be capable of plying tough against good teams:

- Lost to Villanova by 3 on the road.
- Beat Providence in a 1 point game.
- Lost to Butler by a point.
- Beat Georgetown by 2 after losing to them by 3 at home.
- Lost to Seton Hall by 3.

The game is at home and it's senior day for DePaul. It shouldn't be considered an automatic win for Xavier.
Bill Marsh

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby kayako » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:19 am

herodotus wrote:The sadist in me actually wants to see it happen. Would make the usually boring first four game, very interesting. Wonder who the opponent would be?

I think being in the FF game is better than being assigned the dreaded 8th or 9th seeds, so it wouldn't be so bad to see 2 BE teams in Dayton. How about Xavier vs. Cal & Marquette vs. USC? A little Big East vs Pac 12 showdown :D
supernova
kayako

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board