Ed Cooley is doing his best coaching job at Providence

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Ed Cooley is doing his best coaching job at Providence

Postby milksteak » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:10 pm

GumbyDamnit! wrote:
gosports1 wrote:if PC can stay the course and end up with the 4 seed Cooley should be top contender for BE coach of the year. From 9th to 4th would be a big accomplishment . Sorry Butler fans

Huge Cooley fan here, but I can't see anyone else but Holtman at this point. It's not just what each has done in conference this year but look at what Butler has done OOC. Both lost 2 All-conference players from last year. But Butler is staring down a 3 seed, has been ranked in the polls all year, beat the top program in the league twice, and will likely finish 4 or 5 games ahead of PC in the win column in conference. Although a solid, albeit unexpected, performance by PC, they could also end up in 8th and at this point and is a toss-up to even make the tourney.

But I admire your loyalty. Cooley's a great coach.

+1

If we look at the regular season, Holtmann is putting together the best Butler season in modern history. The 2009-2010 regular season was obviously special, but our schedule has been much, much tougher this year compared to that year, and we have just one more loss.
"I am a penned-up, leashed dog right now, and I can't wait to get started for Butler University."
- Barry Collier, August 1, 2006
milksteak

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby stever20 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:30 pm

I was looking- thru end of regular season....

2009-10 Butler #12 RPI- but with a .6267 RPI.
2016-17 Butler #10 RPI- but with a .6447 RPI.

.6447 in 2009-10 would have been good for #6
.6267 this year would be good for #16
stever20

Postby Westbrook#36 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:16 pm

Year in and year out, Cooley does an absolutely amazing job of getting the most out of his team. Looking forward to another 10+ years of Wright vs. Cooley match-ups.
Westbrook#36

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board