Butler at Xavier - Sun on FS1

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Butler at Xavier - Sun on FS1

Postby kmacker69 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:24 pm

X played really hard, But Butler is playing damn well right now. I think they get it back on track the next few games and hurt a few teams feelings. Not that I won't be rooting against them every game, but they are good enough still. :evil: (Well until the tourney starts and then I'll swallow the hate and root for a Big East team.) :twisted:
Lets go Dawgs!
kmacker69

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby BEhomer » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:48 am

very entertaining highly competitive game until the last 3 min when Xavier kept turning the ball over. (Butler had a lot to do with that)

I agree with the announcer who kept saying that these two teams are playing at a high level and at the right time.

Kelan Martin finally waking up and playing to his potential makes Butler a legit final 4 contender.
BEhomer

Postby Bill Marsh » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:59 am

BEhomer wrote:very entertaining highly competitive game until the last 3 min when Xavier kept turning the ball over. (Butler had a lot to do with that)

Turnovers have proven to be Xavier's Achilles' Heel. They have committed more TOs than their opponent in all but one of their losses (Colorado). Free Throws haven't been their friend either.

Losing Sumner, their primary ball handler and one of their better FT shooters, has made both of those weaknesses worse.
Bill Marsh

Postby muskienick » Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:38 pm

Losing one of our top returning scorers and leaders from last year's team, Myles Davis, was a bummer also. He was among our best shooters from the perimeter and from the foul line and would have filled in admirably at the point once he was back in shape.
muskienick

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board