Holtmann at Butler

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Holtmann at Butler

Postby Bill Marsh » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:26 pm

I wonder if Steve Alford would come back home to coach IU? Or if Scott Drew would come back to his home state instead of staying at scandal ridden Baylor?
Bill Marsh

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby HoosierPal » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:36 pm

herodotus wrote:I doubt Holtmann is looking to leave Butler. I certainly can't see him leaving for a third tier job like Mizzou, or to be the third wheel in North Carolina at State. Indiana is a different deal. You just don't turn down a job like that, especially if you're already established in the state. You win at Indiana, and you absolutely own the state. This is in addition to the increase in salary.

I have zero knowledge of Coach's intentions. But to address why he might leave Hinkle, here are two reasons.

1. $2.5 million is greater than $1+ million.

2. Look at the sidebar for the IndyStar. http://www.indystar.com/sports/ On a good day, Butler has fifth billing in Indy, after the Colts/Pacers, Hoosiers, Irish, and Boilers. The listing is not in alphabetical order. Climbing to third wheel in NC would be an upward movement.

I am ready for Tom Crean to move on down the road. I doubt if Holtmann would be high on IU's list, but I never say never after what has happened historically in Indy coach changes. If Crean is indeed gone, Brad Steven's phone number will be dialed. It could be a short conversation, but it will be dialed.
HoosierPal

Postby alduflux » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:07 pm

The number one coaching job in the state is Indiana University. Whichever job is second is a distant second.

Regarding recent success, lets not forget IU won the conference regular season LAST YEAR and twice in the last four years, which is one more then Purdue or Notre Dame has in the last twenty years.

The IU job is primed for success should the job open (and it probably will).
alduflux

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board