(2) Saturday BE Games 2/18/17

The home for Big East hoops

Re: (2) Saturday BE Games 2/18/17

Postby Toronto Rapture » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:52 am

admin wrote:I'm not sure how many of you watch, but the Fox college hoops tipoff show is awesome. Great Big East bubble talk and now a Kyle Lowry feature. Must see TV for a Big East hoops fan.

Always watch. Really good show. I pretty much consider it a part of the game.

NOVA looking like they are ready for another deep run.
"...Bull doggin'...like them Georgetown Hoyas..." Big Boi from Outkast
Toronto Rapture

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Hall2012 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:16 am

Well that sucked, but I think it said a lot more about Villanova than it did about Seton Hall. The Pirates didn't play an awful game (though it was a clear step down from how they played against Creighton), they just got pretty close to Nova's best. Reality is there's maybe a handful of teams in the country that can hang with the Wildcats when they shoot the ball the way they did last night. For the most part, Seton Hall played a pretty decent first half, with the only negative being an inability to buy a 3-pointer. Then of course, with about 2 minutes left in the half in a 1 point game, Villanova started the run that changed the game. For a roughly 6 minute period spanning both side of halftime, the Wildcats didn't miss a shot, going 9-9 from the field, including 5-5 from 3, and 3-3 from the line to very quickly balloon a 1 point lead into a 20+ point lead. The run clearly demoralized the hosts, who never threatened to get back in the game.
Seton Hall Pirates
Big East Tournament Champions: 1991, 1993, 2016
Big East Regular Season Champions: 1992, 1993, 2020
Hall2012

Postby JohnW22 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:51 am

I couldn't watch the game but after looking at the box score I'm going to guess Markus Howard was a little problem. Xavier probably played zone and Marquette torched it. Marquette is a damn good team and there was no way Xavier would win there 3 years in a row. Congrats to Marquette
XU
JohnW22

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board