Villanova announces Pavilion renovation

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Villanova announces Pavilion renovation

Postby Letsgonova » Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:53 pm

Novagrad, I'm not sure why you assume those conversations can't happen without submitting a full formal proposal. I can state with some certainty that they did, and this was the best-really, only-way forward.

You're dead wrong on me. I was on the wait list for 12 years before getting my terrible seats in NB last year. But I never had any diffficulty getting tickets to any Pavilion game over the years - BC, Oklahoma, UCLA, Pitt for Gameday. It is simply a myth that there is this huge demand going unfulfilled for Pavilion games. The student section is rarely completely full.
Letsgonova

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby BMRadio99 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:21 pm

I know I'm late to this, but went down a rabbit hole reading about the renovation and came here to find rumblings from Villanova fans.

The capacity thing is interesting to me. If there are no plans to increase capacity (which I won't argue - I know the myriad reasons that this is a problem and that it's not just a snap-a-finger thing to get 6k more seats), are there concerns that a renovation will decrease capacity? Take the recent renovation of Hinkle Fieldhouse at my alma mater. Putting in chairbacks for all but the upper deck reduced capacity by about 900 seats (10,000 > 9,100), and there was a smaller renovation a few years before that, mostly to fix some ADA issues and move the band and media seats, that cost it about 1000 seats (11,049 > 10,000). Now, I've never been to the Pavilion, but from what I've seen and read, the complaints have a lot to do with wood bleacher seating and moving about the arena - the exact issues rectified by the folks at Butler.

I know it's pretty hush-hush, but there has to be some plan to account for this, right? Even if that plan is "more games at WFC"?

Anyway, good luck tonight. You'll need it. :lol: Should be a fun game.
BMRadio99

Postby kayako » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:20 am

BMRadio99 wrote:If there are no plans to increase capacity (which I won't argue - I know the myriad reasons that this is a problem and that it's not just a snap-a-finger thing to get 6k more seats), are there concerns that a renovation will decrease capacity? Take the recent renovation of Hinkle Fieldhouse at my alma mater. Putting in chairbacks for all but the upper deck reduced capacity by about 900 seats (10,000 > 9,100), and there was a smaller renovation a few years before that, mostly to fix some ADA issues and move the band and media seats, that cost it about 1000 seats (11,049 > 10,000). Now, I've never been to the Pavilion, but from what I've seen and read, the complaints have a lot to do with wood bleacher seating and moving about the arena - the exact issues rectified by the folks at Butler.

I am not even sure if detailed specs are finalized, but the idea is that there's a lot of wasted space currently. Information is scarce (one stinkin exterior photo), so stay tuned!
supernova
kayako

Postby PC_Friars » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:38 am

No seating expansion seems like a swing and a miss to me.
PC_Friars

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board