Fox Saturdays scheduling?????

The home for Big East hoops

Postby X @ Heart » Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:15 pm

Just tuned in and notice that four of our games will be competing against eachother in the same time slots. I understand some are on other networks, but they cant work out a schedule where we dont have to fight for ratings against our own conference mates? I just dont understand how this makes sense at all for the BEast or Fox Sports 1. Also, I go to Fox Sports 1 and they were airing some show on the Super Bowl. So I obviously switch to ESPN for pregame coverage. Today they are holding Gameday in St.Marys for the game against Zaga. It got me wondering, considering we have a big game in the BEast with a top 25 match up of our own with Nova and X. Why doesnt Fox try a gameday type show atleast every other saturday, or only from Febuary on? This would be awesome for the conference. Just curious what you guys think. Go X!!!! Beat Nova!!!
X @ Heart

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Fox Saturdays scheduling?????

Postby NJRedman » Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:17 pm

X @ Heart wrote:Just tuned in and notice that four of our games will be competing against eachother in the same time slots. I understand some are on other networks, but they cant work out a schedule where we dont have to fight for ratings against our own conference mates? I just dont understand how this makes sense at all for the BEast or Fox Sports 1. Also, I go to Fox Sports 1 and they were airing some show on the Super Bowl. So I obviously switch to ESPN for pregame coverage. Today they are holding Gameday in St.Marys for the game against Zaga. It got me wondering, considering we have a big game in the BEast with a top 25 match up of our own with Nova and X. Why doesnt Fox try a gameday type show atleast every other saturday, or only from Febuary on? This would be awesome for the conference. Just curious what you guys think. Go X!!!! Beat Nova!!!

The pre-game show was on Fox OTA because thats where the game is. CBS Sports has no obligation to make sure we don't compete against Fox.
NJRedman

Postby X @ Heart » Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:29 pm

You would think they could put that in the contract I would think. Just not a good way to show your talent imo.
X @ Heart

Postby NJRedman » Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:06 pm

X @ Heart wrote:You would think they could put that in the contract I would think. Just not a good way to show your talent imo.

Put what in the contract? That we can't ever have two games played at the same time? Yeah, no one is agreeing to that. Every conference has that issue. A silly hill to die on if you ask me.
NJRedman

Postby Toronto Rapture » Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:15 pm

They don't show Gameday up here. Is it as good as the football Gameday? Do they ever go to BE schools, how is their coverage of the BE in general?

I like the Fox pregame for BE games. Their inside the BE shows are good too and they should make more.
"...Bull doggin'...like them Georgetown Hoyas..." Big Boi from Outkast
Toronto Rapture

Postby MUPanther » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:52 pm

The thing to remember about the Big East games going on at the same time is the home arena. Almost everyone in the league plays in an arena that host other games/events in the same day.
Marquette Season Ticket Holder at Fiserv Forum
Milwaukee Panther Season Ticket Holder at UWM Panther Arena (MECCA)
MUPanther

Postby stever20smom » Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:12 pm

Feels like there haven't been nearly as many Saturday night games this season. Which is kind of a bummer. Assuming this is all based on television scheduling/programming with Fox/FS1.
stever20smom

Postby TrueBlueJay » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:54 am

Creighton in the past has always had a lot of Saturday day games because we shared the arena with U of Nebr Omaha hockey and they play two games a weekend, Friday night and Saturday and sticking CU with day games. UNO built their own arena in Omaha and CU fans were excited for all of the Saturday night dates that had just opened up. Sucks that TV rules and we end up with zero Saturday night conference games because of UFC.
TrueBlueJay

Return to Big East basketball message board