ESPN NBA Mock Draft

The home for Big East hoops

ESPN NBA Mock Draft

Postby stever20 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:48 pm

Just saw this on ESPN-
#13 Milwaukee Justin Patton(highest rated Center)
#29 San Antonio Josh Hart

interesting the pick after Patton- they say with that guy that here the draft dips to Tier 4 and it gets pretty wide open.

Would have to think if Patton is going in the Lottery that he's going to leave.
stever20

ESPN NBA Mock Draft

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: ESPN NBA Mock Draft

Postby jfan » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:24 pm

Fake news, can't be true!! :x
CREIGHTON
jfan

Postby cu blujs » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:00 pm

Not that I don't hope for the best for Patton, but I think games like Saturday and Marquette show that JP has some developing to do yet before he is ready to hold his own in the NBA. He has skill, but the body is not NBA ready. he does not possess Durant-type skills (though perhaps he would get there if he stayed several more years at CU), so I think he has to be able to hold his ground inside to get on the court in the NBA. I don't think he is there. Selfishly, I hope he goes to the NBA camps and they tell him he needs another year of development and strength training to be ready for the NBA grind.
cu blujs

Postby PeteXU » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:11 pm

As far as Patton goes, if he's a first rounder, he should definitely leave. There's no guarantee that his stock is actually going to improve if he comes back. He might not have an NBA body right now, but he can just as easily improve on that while in the NBA while getting paid millions.
PeteXU

Postby xavierfano8 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:17 pm

If you are a lottery pick you leave. It's easier to improve your game in the NBA than it is in the NCAA since basketball is literally your job and there are no restrictions with coaches.
Xavier University '12
xavierfano8

Return to Big East basketball message board