How many Big East teams will make the NCAA tourney?

The home for Big East hoops

How many Big East teams will make the NCAA tourney?

4 or less
2%
55%
28%
7+
15%

Total votes : 60

Re: How many Big East teams will make the NCAA tourney?

Postby kayako » Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:06 am

6 - 50%
7 - 50%

Only thing keeping me from guaranteeing 7 bids is Xavier. They can't lose to DePaul in the BET, and the committee may want to see them beat a team other than DePaul. Xavier hasn't beaten a team other than DePaul since February 4th, and beating Butler is the only way to change that. Butler's only lost back-to-back once this season. Yikes.

I think a surprise BET winner is less likely this year than the past few. It looks like Gtown players are just going through the motion, and I can't imagine St. John's winning 4 games in 4 days.
supernova
kayako

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Bill Marsh » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:58 am

kayako wrote:6 - 50%
7 - 50%

Only thing keeping me from guaranteeing 7 bids is Xavier. They can't lose to DePaul in the BET, and the committee may want to see them beat a team other than DePaul. Xavier hasn't beaten a team other than DePaul since February 4th, and beating Butler is the only way to change that. Butler's only lost back-to-back once this season. Yikes.

I think a surprise BET winner is less likely this year than the past few. It looks like Gtown players are just going through the motion, and I can't imagine St. John's winning 4 games in 4 days.

I don't know if anyone would consider Butler a surprise winner. I'm thinking that anyone but Villanova would be a surprise, but so far Butler seems to have Nova's number.
Bill Marsh

Postby xusandy » Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:16 am

If X loses to DePaul next Wednesday, it may well be the NIT for the Muskies. But they win, they'll make the dance IMHO, since I can't believe the committee would leave out a team finishing 9-9 in our conference, with 20 wins overall, and an RPI in the low 30s. Maybe a first four game at worst? So 7 teams = more than 80%, 6 teams = less than 20%.

Either way, that's a wonderful outcome for the BEast! What a great league we have! But of course most of our teams in the tourney will be seeded in the 9-12 range, so we might not look so good after the first weekend. The next step for us will be to get more teams with top 4 seeds in 2018.
xusandy

Postby JohnW22 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:19 pm

Anybody have a link to the website that keeps track of every bracketology. Can't think of it for the life of me
XU
JohnW22

Postby EMT » Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:27 pm

JohnW22 wrote:Anybody have a link to the website that keeps track of every bracketology. Can't think of it for the life of me

http://bracketmatrix.com/
EMT

Postby JohnW22 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:49 pm

EMT wrote:
JohnW22 wrote:Anybody have a link to the website that keeps track of every bracketology. Can't think of it for the life of me

http://bracketmatrix.com/

Thanks a lot
XU
JohnW22

Postby kmacker69 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:17 pm

I voted 5 earlier and I'm glad to be wrong. 6 or 7 looking good. :shock: I few teams really came on in the last part of the season and I hope the shock people in the NCAA tourney!
Lets go Dawgs!
kmacker69

Postby marquette » Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:57 pm

I voted 6 originally, and did not expect (but hoped) that Marquette would be one of them. I am happy that I appear to have a very good chance of being wrong on both counts.
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Class of '16
marquette

Postby Jet915 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:43 pm

Gottlieb is such a piece of work....

Doug Gottlieb‏Verified account @GottliebShow 28m28 minutes ago

1-Big East is half MM 2-MW conference is a wreck. 3) BYU has disappointed 4)Illinois State& Middle tennessee have a shot
Jet915

Postby JohnW22 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:09 pm

Jet915 wrote:Gottlieb is such a piece of work....

Doug Gottlieb‏Verified account @GottliebShow 28m28 minutes ago

1-Big East is half MM 2-MW conference is a wreck. 3) BYU has disappointed 4)Illinois State& Middle tennessee have a shot

Saw this didn't know where to put it and didn't feel it deserved its own thread. If the Big East is half mid Major what is the SEC?
XU
JohnW22

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board