Marquette road trip

The home for Big East hoops

Marquette road trip

Postby DanofXav76 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:10 am

To my Marquette friends.
Me and a couple of buddies will be coming up to Milwaukee for the first time on the 18th. Thinking about Friday night dinner at 4th Base? Good sports bars near or around the Bradley Center? Saturday day things to do or see before the game that night?
Sure will appreciate any tips or suggestions you might care to share. Thanks!
DanofXav76

Marquette road trip

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Marquette road trip

Postby MUBoxer » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:03 pm

Never heard of 4th base, go to Points East pub and get wings. You'll never have wings that are better in your entire life. Prior to the game on saturday go to Brat house for the best brat, the most Wisconsin obsessed sports bar around there is the Loaded Slate a bit up the road and it's really cool but the food is average.
Marquette 2013
NUI-Galway 2019
MUBoxer

Postby MUPanther » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:36 pm

Major Goolsby's is a great old sports bar on 4th street for Saturday.
http://www.majorgoolsbys.com/services.php?section=1921

Buck Bradley's is next to the Bradley Center
https://www.buckbradleys.com/

If your looking for something to do before the Xavier-MU game at 7pm. UW-Green Bay is at UW-Milwaukee at 1pm at UWM Panther Arena, which is right night store to the Bradley Center.
Marquette Season Ticket Holder at Fiserv Forum
Milwaukee Panther Season Ticket Holder at UWM Panther Arena (MECCA)
MUPanther

Postby xu2002 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:11 pm

Xavier is holding an event before the game at Jackson's Blue Ribbon Pub. They're also doing an event at the Harley Museum on Friday evening. If you're not interested in those, the other suggestions are solid.
xu2002

Postby MUBoxer » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:16 pm

Jackson's is legit and probably the second best wings in Milwaukee (though therer's a wide wide drop from 1st to 2nd).
Marquette 2013
NUI-Galway 2019
MUBoxer

Postby DanofXav76 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:31 pm

Thanks for the tips, sounds like plenty to do. Worried it might be another long night for my beloved, wounded Musketeers, but at least I'm sure the beer will be cold and plenty of good eats to be had! 50+ degrees in Milwaukee in mid-February doesn't sound too bad either. Looking forward to seeing all of the brethren up there. Go X!!
DanofXav76

Postby Donnybrook » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:03 pm

MKE's restaurant scene is excellent for a city its size. Very underrated... and I lived in NYC for five years up until recently so I feel I can have an unbiased opinion about my hometown. I agree with all recommendations. Boxer seems to know what he's talking about but not sure how you have not heard of 4th Base. It's outstanding. However I would not bother to go out that way if I'm staying in downtown Milwaukee. If you were going to a Brewers game, yes, but not for a college hoops weekend. Points has the best wings in America. Period!

Have a great time in the good land. I'm jealous!
Donnybrook

Postby DanofXav76 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:28 pm

Just back from Milwaukee and, game result aside, really enjoyed everything about the trip. National Marquette Day so cool, so impressive. 19,000+ in the Bradley Center game experience was something to see. The fan's pride in the program so apparent and lots to celebrate with 100 years of basketball! Friends and I were treated well in our X gear. Also very impressed with the downtown area, lots to do and felt very safe everywhere we walked.
Hopefully we can return the favor to the Warriors on Ash Wednesday at Cintas.
DanofXav76

Return to Big East basketball message board