Postby X @ Heart » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:11 pm

Sumner done for the year. Torn ACL
X @ Heart

Ed Sumner torn ACL. Season ending

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Ed Sumner torn ACL. Season ending

Postby X @ Heart » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:13 pm

This really sucks for the kid, feel bad for him and the team and fans. Really tough year for X and Creighton losing their star PGs.
X @ Heart

Postby admin » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:14 pm

Dammit.
admin
Site Admin

Postby X @ Heart » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:17 pm

Not to mention how much this hurts the Big East. I mean these were two of our premier teams in the league this year. This absolutley effects the rest of the season. What started so great, now seems like its gonna be a fight to win a game in the tourney. Two really talented players. Hope Ed gets better and is ready for day one next season. Now X has lost Myles and Ed. We have one good ball handler left, freshmen Q.Gooden. What a blow.
X @ Heart

Postby Novachap » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:29 pm

That is horrible news for a great young man. Sucks.
Novachap

Postby Savannah Jay » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:47 pm

X @ Heart wrote:Not to mention how much this hurts the Big East. I mean these were two of our premier teams in the league this year. This absolutley effects the rest of the season. What started so great, now seems like its gonna be a fight to win a game in the tourney. Two really talented players. Hope Ed gets better and is ready for day one next season. Now X has lost Myles and Ed. We have one good ball handler left, freshmen Q.Gooden. What a blow.

Agree X. This feckin sucks for your team like it did for mine...but also really sucks for the league. Two of the best PGs, not just in league but in the country, are done.
Savannah Jay

Postby cu blujs » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:56 pm

Unbelievable. I think he knew right away. You could see it in his face. At least it didn't end his X career. Don't know that he will be full speed by November, but ought to be back to full speed by conference season next year. At least after the initial issues with handling the pressure without him your guys did manage to step up and get the ball across the time line. I think St. Johns is probably the best in the Big East at pressuring the ball if they choose to, so perhaps you made it through the toughest of the trials in that regard. But, the other guys are going to have to step up their game.
cu blujs

Postby Hall2012 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:58 pm

Ouch, really sucks for him. Two promising season's derailed so quickly. At least Sumner's only a sophomore, so this shouldn't be the end of his Xavier career.

As much as it sucks to say, it's hard to see Creighton and Xavier going far in the dance after these injuries. It's not what fans of these two programs want to hear, but with both of them still rather safely in the dance, the best case scenario for the league may now to for some Big East bubble teams to take advantage and get in the tournament at the expense of CU and XU's seeds.
Seton Hall Pirates
Big East Tournament Champions: 1991, 1993, 2016
Big East Regular Season Champions: 1992, 1993, 2020
Hall2012

Postby jfan » Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:10 pm

Terrible news. Really bad for the League! I hope both Creighton and X can recover in time to make some noise in the tournament. Deep runs seem doubtful, but you never know. Syracuse last year is a good example!
CREIGHTON
jfan

Postby sciencejay » Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:13 pm

Of course we CU fans can empathize with your situation, X fans. It sucks, and we're sorry. Hope he recovers fully and can return to top form.

But it is what it is. Injuries are a part of any game, and you always hope that it doesn't happen to your team. But sometimes it does. What I can assure you is that no one will let up on you (see MU 102-CU 94; GU 71-CU 51).

My wish is that X and CU can find a new normal and play at a high level. Of course I hope that X waits until after this Saturday's game with the Jays to find their new mojo ;) ;)
sciencejay

Next

Return to Big East basketball message board