Ponds / Lovett

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Ponds / Lovett

Postby SJHooper » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:44 am

Dude, you lose your shit constantly and you straight up wanted Mullin fired weeks ago. Logical is knowing it's a young team who will have ups and downs. You are by nature erratic. You go from the highest of highs to the lowest of lows with each game. You have had zero faith in this team and coaching staff. You are the worst St. John's fan I ever had the displeasure to speak with. I don't need to point to one post because the last thing i'd ever want to do is reread the word salad BS you love to squirt out. Everyone here thinks you're nuts and have said so on many occasions, not just your fellow Johnnies either.[/quote]

I never said they wouldn't have ups and downs. They got off to a very bad start losing to several teams they had no business losing to even at this point and I was frustrated as a result. As of late, they have been turning it on, so I'm coming around and seeing improvement so I acknowledge such. It's understandable to see that 2/3 of our early conference wins were against DePaul and ask to see more before I see the light. Well, we beat PC not a good team but not DePaul either, and we just beat Marquette which was very impressive. So now I give them credit. Things are looking up right now. If a team is a roller coaster performance wise, you'd expect the fanbase to be as well. If a team performs consistently well like Nova, you'd expect the fanbase to be consistently optimistic. If a team performs consistently awful like DePaul, you'd expect the fanbase to be miserable. Ultimately, results determine the fan attitude by in large. That's logical. I really haven't said anything that I haven't seen plenty of other SJ fans already say. And as expected, you declined my offer to analyze my posts as being "erratic"...that's because you can't defend any of your accusations, you just explode with insults whenever you don't agree with a different opinion. Stating my behavior is "erratic" is not an argument. You don't know me as a person, you know me as digital text and nothing more. Chill, bruh.

By the way, great game by Ponds and LoVett last night. Ponds had very active hands and he was really frustrating the Marquette ball handlers. Marquette has great shooters but so do we, so we neutralized that potential advantage for them. I believe Ponds led the team with 7 boards as well, he's barely 6 ft. tall...that's all effort folks. This kid is the type of player you build your entire program around. Man did we luck out with him.
SJHooper

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby NJRedman » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:58 pm

SJHooper wrote:Dude, you lose your shit constantly and you straight up wanted Mullin fired weeks ago. Logical is knowing it's a young team who will have ups and downs. You are by nature erratic. You go from the highest of highs to the lowest of lows with each game. You have had zero faith in this team and coaching staff. You are the worst St. John's fan I ever had the displeasure to speak with. I don't need to point to one post because the last thing i'd ever want to do is reread the word salad BS you love to squirt out. Everyone here thinks you're nuts and have said so on many occasions, not just your fellow Johnnies either.

I never said they wouldn't have ups and downs. They got off to a very bad start losing to several teams they had no business losing to even at this point and I was frustrated as a result. As of late, they have been turning it on, so I'm coming around and seeing improvement so I acknowledge such. It's understandable to see that 2/3 of our early conference wins were against DePaul and ask to see more before I see the light. Well, we beat PC not a good team but not DePaul either, and we just beat Marquette which was very impressive. So now I give them credit. Things are looking up right now. If a team is a roller coaster performance wise, you'd expect the fanbase to be as well. If a team performs consistently well like Nova, you'd expect the fanbase to be consistently optimistic. If a team performs consistently awful like DePaul, you'd expect the fanbase to be miserable. Ultimately, results determine the fan attitude by in large. That's logical. I really haven't said anything that I haven't seen plenty of other SJ fans already say. And as expected, you declined my offer to analyze my posts as being "erratic"...that's because you can't defend any of your accusations, you just explode with insults whenever you don't agree with a different opinion. Stating my behavior is "erratic" is not an argument. You don't know me as a person, you know me as digital text and nothing more. Chill, bruh.

By the way, great game by Ponds and LoVett last night. Ponds had very active hands and he was really frustrating the Marquette ball handlers. Marquette has great shooters but so do we, so we neutralized that potential advantage for them. I believe Ponds led the team with 7 boards as well, he's barely 6 ft. tall...that's all effort folks. This kid is the type of player you build your entire program around. Man did we luck out with him.[/quote]

I don't need to know you as a person "bruh". Stating your behavior as erratic isn't an argument, it's a fact. I don't need to waste my time going through all of your posts to show you how erratic you are when you wouldn't agree that you are erratic anyway when I did. You've been banned on most boards, i've seen NY sports writers get sick of your sh*t on twitter, I blocked you on twitter a while ago even before I knew you on here.

This attempt the flip the script to make yourself out to be this well balanced and logical poster is beyond silly.

BTW they lost to TWO teams they shouldn't have lost to. Delaware State and LIU.
NJRedman

Postby SJHooper » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:15 pm

Redman it would be so entertaining to see you in a court room. You'd make a terrific lawyer. Evidence?! I don't need any! Just believe me! Not equating a forum with a court, but you have a lot to learn about logic and debate. We both support SJ time for internet tough guy to go.
SJHooper

Postby ecasadoSBU » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:05 pm

It's so fun to watch St. John's because of these two guys. Man I'm so excited for this program. I really hope they keep growing and becoming a better team and hoping those kids stay out of trouble. I really do. Living in NYC (in the Bronx) I know how difficult it can be to stay out of trouble once you get back home from school. Best of luck to them and I'll keep watching
Stony Brook Red, Connecticut Blue, and Big East basketball!
ecasadoSBU

Postby SJHooper » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:01 am

ecasadoSBU wrote:It's so fun to watch St. John's because of these two guys. Man I'm so excited for this program. I really hope they keep growing and becoming a better team and hoping those kids stay out of trouble. I really do. Living in NYC (in the Bronx) I know how difficult it can be to stay out of trouble once you get back home from school. Best of luck to them and I'll keep watching

It's all about how you were raised...look at Tariq. He was raised very well, great kid. I don't feel bad for guys like Rysheed Jordan or Zach Brown. They were gifted with NBA talent and made the choice to commit crimes over and over. When kids commit to schools they have to decide between the streets or basketball...can't have both or that's when the trouble starts. Rysheed was too busy hanging out with his "why not" clique and it cost him dearly. It seems like this Mullin team has much better character than Lavin teams. High character kids are very important...look at Nova...Jay Wright almost always gets clean, humble, strong chemistry guys. Ponds and LoVett are so fun to watch we really lucked out with them...I never expected both to come in and play like seasoned veterans right away. I was hoping Ponds would be where he is now by his senior year. Hopefully Ponds and LoVett know that if they both stay 4 years, they are major recruiting boosts. With how many steals they get and how well they pass, big men know they will get tons of opportunities for easy points. Recruits want to play with other good players. Ponds also proves that NYC area kids can stay home at SJ and stay in the national spotlight. It's not about the program, it's about the player. If you are that good, people will notice. You don't have to play at Kentucky or Duke to get NBA scouts on your tail.
SJHooper

Postby NJRedman » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:29 am

SJHooper wrote:Redman it would be so entertaining to see you in a court room. You'd make a terrific lawyer. Evidence?! I don't need any! Just believe me! Not equating a forum with a court, but you have a lot to learn about logic and debate. We both support SJ time for internet tough guy to go.

Too bad this isn't court, I could show you everyone of your posts and go through them with you line by line and you'd still be trying to tell me how well balanced you are.

"When I said this team isn't showing any growth and never will and our athletic department should fire everyone and restart every sport I really meant we should just be patient and give these kids time to grow!"

Why do you keep calling me an internet tough guy? Have I tried to fight you? Thats what being an internet tough guy is. All I did was call you what you are, a bi-polar twenty something with erratic behavior and a lack of perspective.
NJRedman

Postby REDMEN1415 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:03 pm

St. John's BBallVerified account‏@StJohnsBBall · 4h4 hours ago

 More

Shamorie Ponds named @BIGEASTMBB Freshman of the Week for the fifth time this season #SJUBB ARTICLE http://bit.ly/2mmyUXy
REDMEN1415

Postby SJHooper » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:20 am

Very rarely are my hopes realized and even exceeded with any player on any team I root for. Ponds has been such a breath of fresh air for our fanbase. LoVett too of course, but it's different having a local kid do this. Could you imagine us watching him at PC or some other school thinking what if? It really is a shame that players rarely stay 4 years anymore, because if we had Ponds and LoVett for 4 full seasons it would give us plenty of time to go find some huge meaty bigs and we would probably make the tourney 3/4 years of their tenure. We'd probably be a top 25 team at least on and off. I feel like every year we fail to get some real bigs here is another wasted year of these 2. If I were Mullin I'd be begging them to stay as long as possible and ensuring them that we would find some real bigs. The other great thing about Ponds specifically is that regardless of how long he stays, we can show the next big time NYC area recruit and use him as an example. You don't have to go to Kansas to get national exposure or succeed...Ponds is already a national name as a freshman just imagine if he stayed 4 years...we are talking Wooden watch caliber.
SJHooper

Postby cu blujs » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:03 am

Here's to hoping he doesn't earn it a sixth time this week ;)
cu blujs

Postby Nildogg » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:30 am

I certainly respect and appreciate what Ponds has done for STJ this year, but I do find that he's getting quite a lot of love at times when Kamar Baldwin may be deserving. I think Baldwin would have been a pretty good choice for FOW this past week.

Doesn't really matter, and honestly, I'll gladly keep him under the radar as much as we can. He may end up being an early exit with the talent he's showing.

Question, is Ponds early NBA material? Likely?
Nildogg

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board