Ponds / Lovett

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Ponds / Lovett

Postby RedStorm » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:01 am

SJHooper wrote:
RedStorm wrote:
SJHooper wrote:Lol...to put it kindly, some of you take yourselves way too seriously on a sports forum. Any different opinion and your blood pressure is through the roof and you turn into internet tough guys. I applaud guys like Bill Marsh with whom I disagree with on certain things, yet he's able to remain civilized and we find common ground. I can assure you guys I don't take this too seriously, I'm just a dedicated fan of the program wishing to see us truly relevant again.

Not about "differences of opinion". Its about your making unsubstantiated insinuations of wrongdoing. Which I strongly suspect is an outright lie.

I never said I knew what happened behind the scenes. All I know is it does not look good and it's almost impossible to rationalize legally, can you give me a hypothetical where it would be normal and legal for an 18 yr old freshman to somehow get a $150,000 car for his mother? Just because we don't know all the facts doesn't mean we throw our hands up and pretend we have no clue how it could have happened. It's called reading between the lines.

It has not been established that your claim is even true. So this going on about the ramifications/reasons is meaningless.

I'll be honest, your entire story is fishy. Most of all the suspicious fact that you would even share it on a message board. I will say outright, I think you are lying and this is totally made up. The only place you saw a $150,000 car is in your own imagination when you conceived this lie.
RedStorm

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby NJRedman » Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:10 pm

SJHooper wrote:
RedStorm wrote:
SJHooper wrote:Lol...to put it kindly, some of you take yourselves way too seriously on a sports forum. Any different opinion and your blood pressure is through the roof and you turn into internet tough guys. I applaud guys like Bill Marsh with whom I disagree with on certain things, yet he's able to remain civilized and we find common ground. I can assure you guys I don't take this too seriously, I'm just a dedicated fan of the program wishing to see us truly relevant again.

Not about "differences of opinion". Its about your making unsubstantiated insinuations of wrongdoing. Which I strongly suspect is an outright lie.

I never said I knew what happened behind the scenes. All I know is it does not look good and it's almost impossible to rationalize legally, can you give me a hypothetical where it would be normal and legal for an 18 yr old freshman to somehow get a $150,000 car for his mother? Just because we don't know all the facts doesn't mean we throw our hands up and pretend we have no clue how it could have happened. It's called reading between the lines. NJRedman, how was that bragging? If you own a certain brand of car, chances are you are more familiar with all the different models/prices they offer versus others, no? I don't own a Ferrari, but I would expect a Ferrari owner to know more about the models than I do, since he was in the showroom looking around at them.

Thats why it's called the humble brag. It's also called Bull ****.
NJRedman

Postby Red Rooster » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:03 pm

SJHooper wrote:I never said you can't know the price unless you own the same brand of car, I said chances are you will know better than the average person not driving that brand of car. You just split hairs on stupid details and ignore the meat and potatoes of what I say: this is not good and there's no rational and legal explanation for it...notice I offered you to give me a hypothetical but you declined. Did he work 10 jobs? Did he hit the lottery? I mean come on. I love the kid, but you have to be objective here. I just don't like how it makes us look as a program.

Semantics. Regardless, it doesn't take away from how you view things.

I didn't respond to the part about Ponds, as I've already said my piece on that initially.

Happy to see Ponds pick up another player of the week award. I also wanted to add that I saw another instagram post were Ponds was posing for a picture with some guy. The guy captioned the picture, "Going in the 1st round!" and Ponds re-posted it. Now before some of you flip out and say "It's an 18 yr old on social media relax!", "stop looking into every whim from an 18 yr old!", etc. it's concerning. Bill, you recently asked why I think he won't stay 4 years...this is exactly why. He had 12 NBA scouts at a game this year and he has everyone in his ear telling him he's going to the league. I really hope he stays 4 somehow, because physically he still has an immature body. He needs to become a man before going to the NBA.

I would think most kids would re-tweet anything that would mention them being in the NBA. That's not alarming or concerning at all. I would say, it's just an 18 year old doing what most would do on social media.

He, personally, didn't have 12 NBA scouts at a game. I can't quite remember who the Johnnies were playing, but the opposition had their share of talent, as well. I'm sure he probably has a few people in his ear telling about going pro, but I seriously doubt he does so after this season.
Red Rooster

Postby Bill Marsh » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:35 pm

Red Rooster wrote:I'm sure he probably has a few people in his ear telling about going pro, but I seriously doubt he does so after this season.

Ponds would be positively insane to go pro and pass up a free college education - unless his goal in life is to live in Europe or Asia for the next 15 years.

According to NBA Draft Express, he is no more than 5'11". Anyone want to guess how many 5' 11" guards there are in the NBA? Regardless of how talented offensively, they normally are major liabilities on defense. And for that reason very few NBA teams are interested. Rolling the dice on hopes of an NBA career would just be a dumb decision. He would be best served by staying in college for 4 years and hope that St. John's can win a NC by that time. That was the ticket that got Kamba Walker and Shabazz Napier to the NBA. If he takes his chances after 4 years of college, he has other life options at that point. If he goes now, his options are very limited.
Bill Marsh

Postby NJRedman » Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:10 pm

The funniest part about Hoopers claims that he might leave early for the NBA is the fcat that the NBA now has a pre-draft work out thats invitation only for underclassmen. If you don't get invited you are not getting drafted and even if you are invited they tell you =straight up what your chances are of being drafted. You can go to this and still keep your eligibility. He's not going anywhere no matter who is in his ear.
NJRedman

Postby SJHooper » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:24 pm

More and more kids will still opt to go overseas if they can't make NBA. And to those who think I made this all up wtf?! I guess I really was one of very few to actually see it.
SJHooper

Postby NJRedman » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:54 pm

SJHooper wrote:More and more kids will still opt to go overseas if they can't make NBA. And to those who think I made this all up wtf?! I guess I really was one of very few to actually see it.

Yeah I mean why shouldn't we believe the guy who has been nothing short of erratic his entire time on these boards? More and more kids will opt to go overseas? They haven't but they will now? Okay Nostradumbass, whatever you say.
NJRedman

Postby SJHooper » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:20 am

NJRedman wrote:
SJHooper wrote:More and more kids will still opt to go overseas if they can't make NBA. And to those who think I made this all up wtf?! I guess I really was one of very few to actually see it.

Yeah I mean why shouldn't we believe the guy who has been nothing short of erratic his entire time on these boards? More and more kids will opt to go overseas? They haven't but they will now? Okay Nostradumbass, whatever you say.

I'd be very interested to see anything that I've posted you see as "erratic". Being frustrated when the team is playing horribly? That's logical. Being happy when they win? Logical. Worried that some players may leave early? Multiple posters on Redmen with good connections have alluded to these rumors and this day in age it's much more rare to see 4 yr players. Logical. Noticed an insta picture of a $150,000 car with a caption that implies a freshman owns it. Suspicious and logical to be suspicious. Give me one example of a post I've made that is completely off base and "erratic". The problem seems to be that you won't even admit the obvious, you just try to make it seem like everything I say is nuts. No objective, fair-minded person would see my posts as erratic. Passionate? Sure. But erratic? Point to one post and explain why it's so crazy to have that POV. You would think I claimed the earth is flat. If anyone is demonstrating erratic behavior, it's you. He's bragging about his car! A freshman from Brooklyn with a $150,000 car is normal! You are crazy to assume that rumors may be true that one of our guards will go overseas! You are crazy to question if Mullin is the answer! You are nuts to have any expectations! Nuts I tell ya! Nuts! It's NJRedman's world, we are just living in it :lol: .
SJHooper

Postby NJRedman » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:23 am

SJHooper wrote:
NJRedman wrote:

I'd be very interested to see anything that I've posted you see as "erratic". Being frustrated when the team is playing horribly? That's logical. Being happy when they win? Logical. Worried that some players may leave early? Multiple posters on Redmen with good connections have alluded to these rumors and this day in age it's much more rare to see 4 yr players. Logical. Noticed an insta picture of a $150,000 car with a caption that implies a freshman owns it. Suspicious and logical to be suspicious. Give me one example of a post I've made that is completely off base and "erratic". The problem seems to be that you won't even admit the obvious, you just try to make it seem like everything I say is nuts. No objective, fair-minded person would see my posts as erratic. Passionate? Sure. But erratic? Point to one post and explain why it's so crazy to have that POV. You would think I claimed the earth is flat. If anyone is demonstrating erratic behavior, it's you. He's bragging about his car! A freshman from Brooklyn with a $150,000 car is normal! You are crazy to assume that rumors may be true that one of our guards will go overseas! You are crazy to question if Mullin is the answer! You are nuts to have any expectations! Nuts I tell ya! Nuts! It's NJRedman's world, we are just living in it :lol: .

Dude, you lose your shit constantly and you straight up wanted Mullin fired weeks ago. Logical is knowing it's a young team who will have ups and downs. You are by nature erratic. You go from the highest of highs to the lowest of lows with each game. You have had zero faith in this team and coaching staff. You are the worst St. John's fan I ever had the displeasure to speak with. I don't need to point to one post because the last thing i'd ever want to do is reread the word salad BS you love to squirt out. Everyone here thinks you're nuts and have said so on many occasions, not just your fellow Johnnies either.
NJRedman

Postby Hall2012 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:39 am

NJRedman wrote:

It's really not that crazy of a thought. There have also been rumors that Angel Delgado is planning to leave after this season, regardless of his NBA draft standing.
Seton Hall Pirates
Big East Tournament Champions: 1991, 1993, 2016
Big East Regular Season Champions: 1992, 1993, 2020
Hall2012

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board