Ponds / Lovett

The home for Big East hoops

Ponds / Lovett

Postby REDMEN1415 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:30 pm

Per Rothstein

Marcus LoVett & Shamorie Ponds are averaging a combined 34.2 PPG, 8.3 RPG, & 6.8 APG. 2nd best freshmen back court after Fox & Monk. #SJUBB
REDMEN1415

Ponds / Lovett

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Ponds / Lovett

Postby ArmyVet » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:11 pm

Two young exciting players for sure. I hope they grow and develop and turn St. John's around.
ArmyVet

Postby DudeAnon » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:24 pm

#FireMullin
Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

Postby Edrick » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:33 pm

With those two and Markus Howard at Marquette, Kamar Baldwin at Butler, and Myles Powell at Seton Hall there's some young excellent freshman guards in the conference.
Edrick

Postby SJHooper » Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:19 pm

DudeAnon wrote:#FireMullin

Rush to be concerned about Mullin: unacceptable
Rush to be very optimistic about Mullin: acceptable

It's a long season, nice win but we will need to see more.
SJHooper

Postby NJRedman » Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:34 pm

SJHooper wrote:
DudeAnon wrote:#FireMullin

Rush to be concerned about Mullin: unacceptable
Rush to be very optimistic about Mullin: acceptable

It's a long season, nice win but we will need to see more.

See you can't even accept the positive, you only enjoy the negative. 34 posts after a loss, multiple paragraphs a piece. And then posts like this after a win.
NJRedman

Postby SJHooper » Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:16 am

So, I don't know if anyone else saw this...last night Ponds posted a picture of a new BMW i8 with a caption "You welcome momma". My heart immediately sank. He's just an 18 yr old freshman...he doesn't understand that posts like this may trigger an NCAA investigation. I told him he should take it down and he did maybe 3 minutes later so it wasn't up for long. Now it could be a rental, it could be some shady agent who gave it to him, or it could be the program somehow giving it to him but in any case, he needs to stay under the radar. He has 20,000 followers...that's like all of MSG looking at your posts...he needs to be very careful. It reminds me of the scene in Goodfellas where they just succeeded with the Lufthansa heist at JFK with millions in cash and a day later, some of the mob guys bought their wives new cars, mink jackets, etc. Then Jimmy Conway angrily tells them to take it all back, because it brings way too much attention and can lead to an investigation.

I know there's a lot of shady dealings and Ponds is not even close to the first or the last one obviously. By the way, you guys heard it here first, I don't even think Redmen.com knows the scoop since they banned me...oh well their loss is HolyLand's gain I suppose.
SJHooper

Postby Red Rooster » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:49 pm

SJHooper wrote:So, I don't know if anyone else saw this...last night Ponds posted a picture of a new BMW i8 with a caption "You welcome momma". My heart immediately sank. He's just an 18 yr old freshman...he doesn't understand that posts like this may trigger an NCAA investigation. I told him he should take it down and he did maybe 3 minutes later so it wasn't up for long. Now it could be a rental, it could be some shady agent who gave it to him, or it could be the program somehow giving it to him but in any case, he needs to stay under the radar. He has 20,000 followers...that's like all of MSG looking at your posts...he needs to be very careful. It reminds me of the scene in Goodfellas where they just succeeded with the Lufthansa heist at JFK with millions in cash and a day later, some of the mob guys bought their wives new cars, mink jackets, etc. Then Jimmy Conway angrily tells them to take it all back, because it brings way too much attention and can lead to an investigation.

I know there's a lot of shady dealings and Ponds is not even close to the first or the last one obviously. By the way, you guys heard it here first, I don't even think Redmen.com knows the scoop since they banned me...oh well their loss is HolyLand's gain I suppose.

Stop! You're still on Redmen, and there is plenty of proof. I'll just leave that one alone for now.

Your post is a reason Mullin should've had a ban on social media, once the season started. I'm almost positive more bad, than good, comes out of it during the season. IMO, Mullin needs to place an immediate ban on this stuff.
Red Rooster

Postby Bill Marsh » Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:53 pm

SJHooper wrote:So, I don't know if anyone else saw this...last night Ponds posted a picture of a new BMW i8 with a caption "You welcome momma". My heart immediately sank. He's just an 18 yr old freshman...he doesn't understand that posts like this may trigger an NCAA investigation. I told him he should take it down and he did maybe 3 minutes later so it wasn't up for long. Now it could be a rental, it could be some shady agent who gave it to him, or it could be the program somehow giving it to him but in any case, he needs to stay under the radar. He has 20,000 followers...that's like all of MSG looking at your posts...he needs to be very careful. It reminds me of the scene in Goodfellas where they just succeeded with the Lufthansa heist at JFK with millions in cash and a day later, some of the mob guys bought their wives new cars, mink jackets, etc. Then Jimmy Conway angrily tells them to take it all back, because it brings way too much attention and can lead to an investigation.

It's probably the same Beamer that Mullin used when he played at St John's. ;)
Bill Marsh

Postby SJHooper » Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:35 pm

Red Rooster wrote:

Stop! You're still on Redmen, and there is plenty of proof. I'll just leave that one alone for now.

Your post is a reason Mullin should've had a ban on social media, once the season started. I'm almost positive more bad, than good, comes out of it during the season. IMO, Mullin needs to place an immediate ban on this stuff.

Please show proof then love to see that which does not exist lol...I was banned about 4 yrs ago and it's permanent. You act like I'd beg to go back on there...I just don't give a rat's arse to be honest. Happy to provide HLOH with info instead. Much better forum.
SJHooper

Next

Return to Big East basketball message board