(1) Thursday Game 01/26/2017 - Xavier at Cincinnati...

The home for Big East hoops

Re: (1) Thursday Game 01/26/2017 - Xavier at Cincinnati...

Postby Edrick » Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:54 am

At some point, this gets worrisome for Xavier's Tournament. They aren't really in any risk of missing it altogether, but they'll enter February with one win against a likely Tournament team. The seeding just isn't going to be there. The resume is devoid of anything that would elevate it.
Edrick

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby anXUfan » Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:26 pm

Just an unreal beat down on the glass. I don't remember seeing anything like it. And X entered the game as one of the best in the country in that area.
anXUfan

Postby JohnW22 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:03 pm

Edrick wrote:At some point, this gets worrisome for Xavier's Tournament. They aren't really in any risk of missing it altogether, but they'll enter February with one win against a likely Tournament team. The seeding just isn't going to be there. The resume is devoid of anything that would elevate it.

What's saving them right now is no bad losses. I might be a broken record on this but 2 years ago Xavier had losses to UTEP, LBSU, DePaul, Creighton, and Auburn and still got a 6 seed without beating Villanova. I know it's a different year with better teams but what's really saving Xavier is no bad losses.
XU
JohnW22

Postby stever20 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:38 pm

JohnW22 wrote:
Edrick wrote:At some point, this gets worrisome for Xavier's Tournament. They aren't really in any risk of missing it altogether, but they'll enter February with one win against a likely Tournament team. The seeding just isn't going to be there. The resume is devoid of anything that would elevate it.

What's saving them right now is no bad losses. I might be a broken record on this but 2 years ago Xavier had losses to UTEP, LBSU, DePaul, Creighton, and Auburn and still got a 6 seed without beating Villanova. I know it's a different year with better teams but what's really saving Xavier is no bad losses.

To me, what's saving X is that their schedule is devoid of horrible teams. Only 4 teams with a RPI of worse than 150(and one of those is at 151). And having the projected #12 OOC SOS. You schedule like that, you get rewarded.
stever20

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board