Bracketology - January 23

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Bracketology - January 23

Postby Bill Marsh » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:59 pm

Westbrook#36 wrote:Sorry Bill, have to sort of agree with him, you are coming across that way. Guess I'm going through a bad time now too? Maybe it's just you having a hard time dealing with PC's problems this year?

What reason in the world would I have to "hate" Creighton? :lol:

Besides saying that they have a big problem right now as the result of losing their most important player for the rest of the season, the only other thing I can remember saying that Creighton fans didn't like was that I didn't think that Patton would be ready. For the NBA at the end of this season. How. Is that "hating" - or in your words, "coming across as a hater"? Sort of a difference without anything different.

This is already getting too personal, which is a problem in itself. When a poster can't offer an opinion with which you disagree and then gets attacked as a "hater" - pretty strong language - then that discourages a legitimate exchange of ideas. Too bad.

Are you saying that it's not a legitimate POV to think that losing Watson has the potential to jeopardize Creighton's season?

Are you saying that it's not a legitimate POV to offer a player evaluation suggesting that Patton - or any other player - might need more than one season of college competition to get ready for the NBA?

What am I missing?
Bill Marsh

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Westbrook#36 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:07 pm

Bill Marsh wrote:
gosports1 wrote:
Westbrook#36 wrote:Well there pretty much goes the Friars at large chances.

they are done, now rest of season is battle to not finish in last place. good news is no one will leave early for draft.

You guys. :evil: [snip] ... The fan base that should be worried is in Omaha. What ails them isn't really fixable this year.

From another thread(Wed. nite game thread), no mention of Creighton in either previous post. Yet you felt compelled to bring it up. Yeah your right, that doesn't come across poorly :roll:
Westbrook#36

Postby Bill Marsh » Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:44 pm

Westbrook#36 wrote:
Bill Marsh wrote:
gosports1 wrote:
they are done, now rest of season is battle to not finish in last place. good news is no one will leave early for draft.

You guys. :evil: [snip] ... The fan base that should be worried is in Omaha. What ails them isn't really fixable this year.

From another thread(Wed. nite game thread), no mention of Creighton in either previous post. Yet you felt compelled to bring it up. Yeah your right, that doesn't come across poorly :roll:

Why in the world does that come across poorly? It's reality. Are you saying that Creighton fans aren't or shouldn't be worried?

I was making a point by contrasting one team that had a bad night with another that has a long term problem. That makes me a "hater". You're seriously saying that I was motivated by "hatred" of Creighton? That's crazy. It wasn't intended as an insult to Creighton fans. It's too bad you took it that way. :roll:
Bill Marsh

Postby Westbrook#36 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:58 pm

Seriously??? Wow, are you this aloof? Again I didn't call you a hater said you came across poorly. If you don't understand how replying to a couple posts neither of which mention Creighton then pretty much saying, "well at least were not Creighton" comes across poorly then I don't know what to say. It wasn't intended as slight at Providence fans, too bad you took that way. :roll:

BTW, if I were you I'd worry more about the Friars shortcomings then what is going on in Omaha. At least they're probably going to make the dance. Running into a buzzsaw, you ran into St. John's at home and lost. :roll:
Westbrook#36

Postby LabRatScott » Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:00 pm

Based on what I've seen watching Dayton and VCU, I would bet that the top six teams In the Big East would all finish ahead of both of them. I don't think we have any trouble getting at least five teams in.
LabRatScott

Postby Omaha1 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:21 pm

LabRatScott wrote:Based on what I've seen watching Dayton and VCU, I would bet that the top six teams In the Big East would all finish ahead of both of them. I don't think we have any trouble getting at least five teams in.

Jerry Palm just suggested the A10 could be a one bid league.
Nebraska by birth, Creighton by choice.
Omaha1

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board