(3) Saturday Big East Games 1/21/17

The home for Big East hoops

Re: (3) Saturday Big East Games 1/21/17

Postby jfan » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:20 pm

Marquette just shot lights out! They were at 67% halfway through the second half. I don't know if it was bad D or just great shooting or a combination of both. Creighton is going to need some time to get things sorted out. Mo allowed us to get easy baskets because of his speed. We don't have that now, but I think things will get better as we move forward and adjust. Marquette deserved the win today and the game really wasn't that close!
Last edited by jfan on Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CREIGHTON
jfan

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Omaha1 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:24 pm

Tip of the cap to Marquette as you guys put on an offensive show today. Jays didn't have an answer to slow down your shooters early and Patton's foul trouble caused us issues too.

In the post game Coach Mac and Zierden both said CU focused much of practice on the offensive end obviously and defensive attention detail was apparent.
Nebraska by birth, Creighton by choice.
Omaha1

Postby Rum_Ham » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:56 pm

Huge win for marquette, finally kept a double digit lead for once. I think what really hurt Creighton today was Patton in foul trouble, if he played more they could have easily one. Creighton clearly still has a lot of talent and Mintz looked very good for his first game.
Marquette 2016
Rum_Ham

Postby cu blujs » Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:15 pm

Couldn't think of a worse team to have to have played first game back without Mo then the best offense in the Big East. With Mo, we probably outscore Marquette like everyone else has. But without him, and with some head scratching miscommunications and switches on defense, and taking about 25 minutes to get things figured out some on offense, it was just not a good situation. I expect a much smoother offense at Georgetown and better defensive effort.
cu blujs

Postby gtmoBlue » Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:41 pm

Great win for Marquette today. Wasn't able to listen in or follow CBS gameflow today. Fox doesn't show NCAA down here. Sounds like the GE/Warriors shot very well. Foul & defensive issues today for the Jays. Encouraged by Creighton's effort. Should prove beneficial for Jays over the stretch run. Congrats to Marquette. ;)
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Postby Fieldhouse Flyer » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:11 pm

In Post # 1 MUPanther wrote:
Saturday 1/21:

2:30 - Marquette @ #7 Creighton, FOX - Justin Kutcher, Nick Bahe
Line: Creighton -7

Congratulations to Marquette on a great win!

Marquette Golden Eagles 102, #7 Creighton Bluejays 94 - ESPN Box Score
Fieldhouse Flyer

Postby Bill Marsh » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:41 pm

Rum_Ham wrote:Huge win for marquette, finally kept a double digit lead for once. I think what really hurt Creighton today was Patton in foul trouble, if he played more they could have easily one. Creighton clearly still has a lot of talent and Mintz looked very good for his first game.

Same as last game for Patton.
Bill Marsh

Postby mel ott » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:18 pm

We were at the game (and with some Marquette fans) and am surprised as to how we played. It is going to take some time for the players to find out the nuances of the new offense with different people running the show. Overall, Marquette played great, shot great, and had growing confidence as the game went on. The Jays will regroup and I really liked what I saw out of Damion Mintz. The more he plays and the more his teammates get used to him, the better that offense will flow. It was the defensive energy that was lacking and should be easier to fix. Side note- great shooting by Z and, as the coaches have said- better to have Marcus not settle for 3's.
mel ott

Postby MUPanther » Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:44 am

gosports1 wrote:what happened to Austin croshere? did he leave fox?

Years ago. Works for the Pacers.
Marquette Season Ticket Holder at Fiserv Forum
Milwaukee Panther Season Ticket Holder at UWM Panther Arena (MECCA)
MUPanther

Postby Wizard of Westroads » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:00 am

Congrats also to Marquette. Was at the game watching a team bomb 3s and play weak defense, but this time I wasn't rooting for them. :)

The Milwaukee beat writer said on the pregame that Reinhardt is finally getting healthy. Man, he looked a stud yesterday (although so did everyone else). You guys could give Nova a run at home if you didn't fire all your bullets against us.
Wizard of Westroads

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board