(3) Saturday Big East Games 1/21/17

The home for Big East hoops

Re: (3) Saturday Big East Games 1/21/17

Postby gosports1 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:23 am

ChelseaFriar wrote:Could have been worse for PC today. Made some mistakes but they were completely out-gunned on the floor today so I'll give them credit for not getting run out of the building. Don't get me wrong, the result was never in question.

Though I think Nova took their foot off the gas.

I think so as well. I think Creighton did the same thing when they played PC. My guess is that Wright and McDermott didn't want to rub it in Cooleys face out of respect for him. At least that is what I would like to believe
gosports1

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Westbrook#36 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:46 am

gosports1 wrote:
ChelseaFriar wrote:Could have been worse for PC today. Made some mistakes but they were completely out-gunned on the floor today so I'll give them credit for not getting run out of the building. Don't get me wrong, the result was never in question.

Though I think Nova took their foot off the gas.

I think so as well. I think Creighton did the same thing when they played PC. My guess is that Wright and McDermott didn't want to rub it in Cooleys face out of respect for him. At least that is what I would like to believe

I don't know if it's really taking their foot of the gas, but apparently Jay said to reporters after the game that they wanted to work on zone defense. During last years run Jay expertly mixed defenses, going from man to man, to zone, to the 1-2-2 3/4 quarter court press. I guess our zone D this year really needs some work.
Westbrook#36

Postby sciencejay » Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:54 pm

Toby Hegner rolled his ankle during the second half and left yesterday's game on crutches. No word on whether it's serious or not. The injury bug really bit the Jays this season.

Word is that Zack Hanson's recovery is ahead of schedule and may be back in two weeks. He could've really helped us in our games when Patton gets in foul trouble--like yesterday. He's not the shot blocker that JP is, but he's a very solid post player on both ends of the court. Hope he comes back and is up to speed quickly. We certainly need him.
sciencejay

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board