Mo Watson - ACL out for season

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Mo Watson - ACL out for season

Postby scoscox » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:12 pm

Savannah Jay wrote:
scoscox wrote:I'm pretty sure he was not examined by the X docs. Fluker was on X's bench looking at Tyrique Jones

Coach McDermott specifically said in his postgame press conference that Creighton trainers and Xavier's doctor did structural tests on Mo's knee.

Ah okay, that makes sense. If the docs feel the need to do structural tests that's a good time as a coach to go... you know what you're gonna sit the second half.
scoscox

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby XU85 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:24 pm

Savannah Jay wrote:
scoscox wrote:I'm pretty sure he was not examined by the X docs. Fluker was on X's bench looking at Tyrique Jones

Coach McDermott specifically said in his postgame press conference that Creighton trainers and Xavier's doctor did structural tests on Mo's knee.

Fluker is the trainer. I heard he was examined by team Dr. who is Dr. Burger.
Xavier, 85 & 87
XU85

Postby kmacker69 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:00 pm

Damn that sucks! :( Wanted to pay the Jays back at full strength... Hope you find an answer and stay a top 10 team until we destroy you at home! (Watson was our Kryptonite on D!) :oops:
Lets go Dawgs!
kmacker69

Postby FriarJ » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:44 pm

gtmoBlue wrote:Well... Luv all the varied opinions, all the wellwishing from our brethren, etc., etc. (If I were in your shoes...I'd be chortling with a big Cheshire Cat grin...and some of you are. lol

Now we get to bear witness to what sort of Coach - Coach McDermott is. Is he COY material or merely a good recruiter? Is he really that good of an offensive wizard, or fortunate to have good players? We get to witness whether lil' Creighton has heart, resolve, and character - picking up the pieces and movin' on...or will the Jays fold their tent, pick up their ball, and sulk back home (woulda, coulda, shoulda)?

I think not. Roll Jays! Of course, being gtmoBlue (always the 1 to blow some blue smoke), I dare to differ. Given a bit of tweeking, reorchestration, new rotations, and duct tape - the Jays continue rolling. Creighton is not a 1-man team like days of yore (2013-2015), and sans Mo Watson will find other ways to win. #Roll Jays, #LetitFly,

Bring it Big East...we ain't runnin' away and we ain't gonna hide...Bring your best shot!

luv ya,
gtmo

I should of been clearer. When I said I felt sorry for the Creighton fans, I wasn't referring to all of them.
FriarJ

Postby jfan » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:41 pm

FriarJ wrote:
gtmoBlue wrote:Well... Luv all the varied opinions, all the wellwishing from our brethren, etc., etc. (If I were in your shoes...I'd be chortling with a big Cheshire Cat grin...and some of you are. lol

Now we get to bear witness to what sort of Coach - Coach McDermott is. Is he COY material or merely a good recruiter? Is he really that good of an offensive wizard, or fortunate to have good players? We get to witness whether lil' Creighton has heart, resolve, and character - picking up the pieces and movin' on...or will the Jays fold their tent, pick up their ball, and sulk back home (woulda, coulda, shoulda)?

I think not. Roll Jays! Of course, being gtmoBlue (always the 1 to blow some blue smoke), I dare to differ. Given a bit of tweeking, reorchestration, new rotations, and duct tape - the Jays continue rolling. Creighton is not a 1-man team like days of yore (2013-2015), and sans Mo Watson will find other ways to win. #Roll Jays, #LetitFly,

Bring it Big East...we ain't runnin' away and we ain't gonna hide...Bring your best shot!

luv ya,
gtmo

I should of been clearer. When I said I felt sorry for the Creighton fans, I wasn't referring to all of them.
Understood. By the way, Providence looked really good yesterday. Best I have seen them play all year. If they play like that every game, they will be very dangerous. When we played, your PG was hurt and you could tell the flow wasn't there.
CREIGHTON
jfan

Postby HoosierPal » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:42 pm

Savannah Jay wrote:

When an ACL blows, like mine did, the knee swells quickly. You can't do a structural test and have any certainty of knowing what is going on. You either wait until the swelling goes down which usually takes several days, or you do an MRI. I trust the trainers know this. However, if the ACL was blown on the first incident, it was already torn and no further damage could be done to it. But the meniscus was at risk with continued use. If there was any thought that the ACL was torn, then he should not have been reinserted into the game.
HoosierPal

Postby Omaha1 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:07 pm

My phone blew up this afternoon when the news broke. Lots of Jays fans going through the 5 stages of grief. Fortunately we have a glimmer of hope knowing that CU played shorthanded and won yesterday. Hopefully coach Mac is able to galvanize the fellas and continue this amazing season.
Nebraska by birth, Creighton by choice.
Omaha1

Postby scoscox » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:19 pm

HoosierPal wrote:
Savannah Jay wrote:

When an ACL blows, like mine did, the knee swells quickly. You can't do a structural test and have any certainty of knowing what is going on. You either wait until the swelling goes down which usually takes several days, or you do an MRI. I trust the trainers know this. However, if the ACL was blown on the first incident, it was already torn and no further damage could be done to it. But the meniscus was at risk with continued use. If there was any thought that the ACL was torn, then he should not have been reinserted into the game.

Exactly. Even if the ACL was not clearly torn, it's almost impossible to tell from a strictly physical exam. They are far from 100% accurate. If the trainer even had enough suspicion to check it, you should pull that player until he can get an MRI after the game especially if it's one of your best players.
scoscox

Postby TrueBlueJay » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:43 pm

Why would anyone think he blew out his acl on a play where it just looked like he banged knees with another player?
TrueBlueJay

Postby SJHooper » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:14 am

Really dumb move by McDermott putting him back in after initial injury. So much of the season left, he should have been careful with him. Terrible loss and this takes Creighton from a great Final Four level team to a possible Sweet 16 team if things break right.
SJHooper

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board