Terrible news for one of the best players in the Big East,
admin
Site Admin

Mo Watson - ACL out for season

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Mo Watson - ACL out for season

Postby EMT » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:24 pm

Terrible. I loved watching that kid play.... Creighton was a final four contender with him.
EMT

Postby X @ Heart » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:26 pm

Wow.... So upset to hear this news. I am an X fan and loved his game. Reminded me alot of Drew Lavender. Really feel bad for him and Creighton fans. But when it all went down, I questioned McDermott for putting him back in. I mean the guy was limping up the court before his second fall. Not a smart decision. But thats why hes the coach and I just watch. Well, good luck Creighton, I still think you guys have an awesome team. But he was a differnt kind of player, just pure explosion of a small pg.
X @ Heart

Postby FriarJ » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:38 pm

Just heartbreaking honestly, I feel terrible for him and the wonderful Creighton fans.
FriarJ

Postby X @ Heart » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:44 pm

I still think they are a Sweet 16 team. Final four now is hard to see. Terrible news.
X @ Heart

Postby stever20 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:45 pm

the comparison I think of is the kid from VCU who tore his ACL late January(looking at it Jan 31). They were 17-4 at that point. Finished 9-6 the rest of the way. Struggled a bit at the start of the stretch but got it together and won the A10 conference tourney.
stever20

Postby xavierfano8 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:50 pm

Just terrible. I remember the feeling with Sumner at Villanova last season not knowing it he would ever play again, let alone that season. Fortunately he was able to come back. Watson is a tough kid and I have no doubt he'll come back and have a successful career wherever that may be.
Xavier University '12
xavierfano8

Postby stever20 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:52 pm

X @ Heart wrote:I still think they are a Sweet 16 team. Final four now is hard to see. Terrible news.

1 thing about this though is that it will impact the seeding considerably. Lets say they go 7-5 rest of the way. Finish 24-6. RPI would be 18.6. They would be a 5 seed with that- but then could even be seeded lower as the committee will look at them based on how they play from here out. Kind of like what happened with Cincy that year where they lost Kenyon Martin if you remember when he broke his leg in the conference tourney.
stever20

Postby hortle » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:52 pm

Now we have to turn to a hobbled undersized shooting guard to run our offense, because of Mac's refusal to tolerate any sort of mistake from Mintz during the nonconference slate. This is why you play your youth early on, in case the worst happens. Now its too late. Asking a freshman to run our offense after registering more DNP's than played games throughout the season is absurd. Z will get the start, he has to, but Mac has to answer for putting his team in this position.
hortle

Postby FDS » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:53 pm

This is on McDermott for putting Watson back in the game after he injured the knee the first time.

This is also on McDermott for telling the media that Watson's ligaments were okay before there was even an MRI done...

Not a smart coach in my opinion.
FDS

Next

Return to Big East basketball message board