Mo Watson - ACL out for season

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Mo Watson - ACL out for season

Postby FDS » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:40 am

cu blujs wrote:
Weak sauce. Sometimes just take your lump and walk away ;)

Not so sure a guy who uses the term "weak sauce" could give me any lumps at all...

BlowJs still suck in the NCAA tournament whether you care or not, just the truth.
FDS

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby sciencejay » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:47 pm

FDS wrote:
cu blujs wrote:

Not so sure a guy who uses the term "weak sauce" could give me any lumps at all...

BlowJs still suck in the NCAA tournament whether you care or not, just the truth.

Such anger! You are correct that CU has not had deep runs in the tourney. Thanks for the news flash. I'll make sure our SID is aware. But the vinegar belies your frustration that we beat you comfortably twice this year--yes, twice in the past two weeks and once without one of the best players in the nation. That's the nature of college sports. Maybe you guys will beat us twice next year. Whether we make a deep run in the tourney this year or not and whether you sweep us next year or not, here's what I know: none of that will change the fact that we swept you this year, and I won't make up a douchey, juvenile nickname for your team. Because that's a idiotic thing to do and something that my 8 year old nephew would do. Otherwise, thanks for telling us all the truth.
sciencejay

Postby mel ott » Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:41 pm

sciencejay wrote:
FDS wrote:
cu blujs wrote:

Such anger! You are correct that CU has not had deep runs in the tourney. Thanks for the news flash. I'll make sure our SID is aware. But the vinegar belies your frustration that we beat you comfortably twice this year--yes, twice in the past two weeks and once without one of the best players in the nation. That's the nature of college sports. Maybe you guys will beat us twice next year. Whether we make a deep run in the tourney this year or not and whether you sweep us next year or not, here's what I know: none of that will change the fact that we swept you this year, and I won't make up a douchey, juvenile nickname for your team. Because that's a idiotic thing to do and something that my 8 year old nephew would do. Otherwise, thanks for telling us all the truth.

Also, it hurt Creighton that in back to back years we were the 8-9 seed with Duke and No Carolina in the second round. Good luck with that. Things are much different that we are now in the Big East. We can now recruit a higher level of talent that you are now witnessing.
mel ott

Postby chicagojayfan » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:09 pm

Butler team signed a card for Mo -- very classy and nice move by their players!

https://twitter.com/mauricewatsonjr/sta ... 1534546944
chicagojayfan

Postby SJHooper » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:05 am

chicagojayfan wrote:Butler team signed a card for Mo -- very classy and nice move by their players!

https://twitter.com/mauricewatsonjr/sta ... 1534546944

Very nice gesture...much respect to Butler. I really feel for Creighton and Xavier fans...they had 2 of the best players in the country go down right as March is within sight. I have to say, I haven't seen such an intra-conference outpouring of support anywhere near the level here in the Big East. You can sense the unity and that we are all in this together...one day we are slugging each other but at the end of the day we are brothers. I've also seen many Big East players from various other teams wishing Watson and Sumner well. In the ACC, this would never happen.
SJHooper

Postby SDJay » Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:53 pm

I'd like to add what I witnessed at Xavier after the game. Macura & Mo were the last ones in the post game handshake line, and Macura gave him a long embrace/handshake that visibly moved Watson. They talked longer than the usual perfunctory head nod/move on. Gave me a new perspective on Macura, especially in the setting that X had just lost a closely contested game.
"That rug really tied the room together, did it not ?"
SDJay

Postby Omaha1 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:23 pm

Sad end:

Creighton University suspends Maurice Watson, Jr. from men’s basketball program

Omaha, NE – Feb. 22, 2017 –On Feb. 13, Creighton University suspended Maurice Watson Jr. from all athletic-related activities for alleged actions that are contrary to University policies and core values.

No additional information regarding the suspension will be released at this time. The University treats all students fairly and equally, and values their privacy.

Senior day for men’s basketball is Tuesday, Feb. 28, and Watson will not be participating in post-game activities. Given the tremendous support for Creighton men’s basketball by its fans, University officials feel it is necessary to share the reason behind Watson’s absence from the upcoming event.

Creighton’s athletics program is based upon the Catholic, Jesuit mission of the University. Program officials, coaches, and staff always strive to administer the program according to the University’s highest values and standards.
Nebraska by birth, Creighton by choice.
Omaha1

Postby milksteak » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:49 pm

Supposedly under investigation for sexual assault. Yikes.

Glad Creighton is doing the right thing.
"I am a penned-up, leashed dog right now, and I can't wait to get started for Butler University."
- Barry Collier, August 1, 2006
milksteak

Postby bmorex » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:13 am

BREAKING: Felony arrest warrant issued for Creighton point guard Maurice Watson omaha.com/news/crime/fel… via @OWHnews
bmorex

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board