(5) Monday BE Games - MLK Marathon - 01/16/17

The home for Big East hoops

Re: (5) Monday Big East Games 1/16/17

Postby scoscox » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:28 pm

There were plenty more opportunities for the refs to blow the whistle on Creighton. Honestly, many of the ones they called were ticky tack out on the wing and perimeter and then let both teams just get mauled below the basket.
scoscox

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Omaha1 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:42 pm

scoscox wrote:There were plenty more opportunities for the refs to blow the whistle on Creighton. Honestly, many of the ones they called were ticky tack out on the wing and perimeter and then let both teams just get mauled below the basket.

Creighton was called for a foul on like 75% of your possessions so there weren't that many more opportunities.
Nebraska by birth, Creighton by choice.
Omaha1

Postby NJRedman » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:44 pm

St. John's is going to finish in 8th place this year.

NJRedman

Postby SJHooper » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:48 pm

Nice win, great game by Ellison we need him to be half that good every game. Garret JR is a punk who gets away with elbowing and pushing off every damn game. Sick of it. He never learns. Would be nice to see wins over those not named DePaul 2/3 Big East wins vs. them. At least we are still better than DePaul.
SJHooper

Postby X @ Heart » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:31 pm

IMO. Xavier has played like crap there last two games. Creighton and Butler should be lucky we missed so many free throws, because if not for those, we win @Butler and today against Creighton. Also, Gaston is horrible offensively. I know he rebounds but damn. I feel like my 12 year old son can catch a basketball better than him. This is the worst collection of bigs I can recall at X. Plenty of time to get it together, but damn, we should only have two losses. Butler,Creighton and Colorado we just gave it away.
X @ Heart

Postby Jet915 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:41 pm

X @ Heart wrote:IMO. Xavier has played like crap there last two games. Creighton and Butler should be lucky we missed so many free throws, because if not for those, we win @Butler and today against Creighton. Also, Gaston is horrible offensively. I know he rebounds but damn. I feel like my 12 year old son can catch a basketball better than him. This is the worst collection of bigs I can recall at X. Plenty of time to get it together, but damn, we should only have two losses. Butler,Creighton and Colorado we just gave it away.

U could also say X got lucky that our best player didn't play most of the game.
Jet915

Postby whiteandblue77 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:24 pm

Jet915 wrote:
X @ Heart wrote:IMO. Xavier has played like crap there last two games. Creighton and Butler should be lucky we missed so many free throws, because if not for those, we win @Butler and today against Creighton. Also, Gaston is horrible offensively. I know he rebounds but damn. I feel like my 12 year old son can catch a basketball better than him. This is the worst collection of bigs I can recall at X. Plenty of time to get it together, but damn, we should only have two losses. Butler,Creighton and Colorado we just gave it away.

and that the refs gave you 17 more free throws than us, and Justin Patton was on the bench with foul trouble, as well as Tazz, and you had home court advantage...

soooooo lucky
The Big East is Dead! Long Live the Big East!
whiteandblue77

Postby Hall2012 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:31 pm

I've been more supportive of Kevin Willard than most SHU fans, but after this latest embarrassment you can plant me firmly in the camp that wants him fired. There's no way a team this talented should be this bad.
Seton Hall Pirates
Big East Tournament Champions: 1991, 1993, 2016
Big East Regular Season Champions: 1992, 1993, 2020
Hall2012

Postby Novachap » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:36 pm

Hall, looks like they quit on him....
Novachap

Postby BluejaysForThree » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:42 pm

Jet915 wrote:

This, exactly! If you would have told me that Mo Watson would have been on the bench the entire second half in this game beforehand, I would have predicted a 10 point CU loss. Xavier lost this game at the free throw line, plain and simple. The refs influenced this game from both sides with a lot of uneven calls throughout the game, so neither side has much of a reason to whine and complain. And CU missed plenty of layups and tip-ins as well. CU's bench deserves a ton of credit for contributing to a tough road win today in Cincy!

Villanova continues their separation at the top of the Big East, CU needs to basically win the rest of their games just to keep up with them. It looks like that close road loss to Butler woke up the Wildcats. Seton Hall looked hapless and hopeless against Nova tonight, like many teams tend to against the top team in the nation.
Last edited by BluejaysForThree on Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BluejaysForThree

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board