Alcohol at BE venues?

The home for Big East hoops

Alcohol at BE venues?

Postby LewEE » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:15 am

$1 beers at the CU game last night got me wondering, is there alcohol at every BE venue? Does it change when teams play on campus?
LewEE

Alcohol at BE venues?

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Alcohol at BE venues?

Postby ConnersvilleBulldog » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:39 am

Butler doesn't sell alcohol at Hinkle. The campus isn't dry, it just chooses not to sell alcohol at the games.

The Wildman Room offers alcohol before the game and during halftime, but it's for athletic department donors only.
"On paper, people tell us we're nothing. But we're still playing for a national championship. We … are … still … here." - Joel Cornette
ConnersvilleBulldog

Postby Omaha1 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:55 am

LewEE wrote:$1 beers at the CU game last night got me wondering, is there alcohol at every BE venue? Does it change when teams play on campus?

To clear up any confusion, one game per year CU offers "customer appreciation night" – $1 twelve ounce beers or soda for 90 minutes prior to tip off but not after the game starts . It's not the typical beer sold in the arena - smaller servings and the beer for $1 is sold only at a couple of concession stands in the arena and the lines for them are at least 30 minutes long. You can buy two beers. I stood in line one year for a really long time just to get my hands on a couple of beers and swore I would never waste my time to do it again.

Don't give me wrong, it's nice for Creighton to do this. I'm not sure I've seen any arenas anywhere do that before. But it's not like the beer is flowing all night long at one dollar apiece.
Nebraska by birth, Creighton by choice.
Omaha1

Postby brewcity77 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:24 pm

Wish we had one of those $1 nights. Marquette does have beer sales at the Bradley Center, but it's $8 for domestic and $9 for premiums.
brewcity77

Postby FenwayFriar » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:57 pm

The Dunk sells beer, wine, and mixed drinks at all games. However, the prices are equivalent to Fenway Park prices, which are the most expensive in MLB.
FenwayFriar

Postby SJHooper » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:15 pm

At the Garden of course alcohol is sold, but on campus at Carnesecca it's dry so nothing there. The most you will see at CA is popcorn and soda.
SJHooper

Postby xavierfano8 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:19 pm

No $1 beers but Cintas has a pretty wide selection of craft and domestic beers.
Xavier University '12
xavierfano8

Postby Letsgonova » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:43 pm

No beer or alcohol outside the couple of suites at the Pavilion. Wells Fargo Center has the standard full NBA arena bars and concessions.

Villanova doesn't have a full retail liquor license right now, but that is going to change shortly when they open an on-campus pub. That license will clear the way for beer sales at Pavilion games, which would be wonderful.
Letsgonova

Postby X-man » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:03 pm

xavierfano8 wrote:No $1 beers but Cintas has a pretty wide selection of craft and domestic beers.

Unfortunately, those craft beers are $9 for a 16oz cup. The upside is that I don't drink as much as when they were cheaper
Xavier will surprise. Never count them out of the Dance.
X-man

Postby Letsgonova » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:14 pm

Does Xavier run Cintas internally? Or does Aramark or similar run the place?
Letsgonova

Next

Return to Big East basketball message board