(2) Tuesday Big East Games 1/10/17

The home for Big East hoops

Re: (2) Tuesday Big East Games 1/10/17

Postby gosports1 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:00 pm

PC seemed to just stop playing with a bout 5 minutes to go. Tried to run out the clock and not aggressively try to add to the score. They seemed to be waiting for the clock to run out or for a foul to be called from the 2 minute mark to the end. Even when DePaul put pressure on the inbound PC didn't seem to adjust. It looked like they were waiting for someone to take command. Took far too long to get ball to half court. Total mental breakdown. I will be at seton hall game will be interesting to see how PC responds from this loss.
gosports1

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Bill Marsh » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:15 pm

stever20 wrote:
Bill Marsh wrote:
stever20 wrote:Sorry but there is totally a way for Big East to get less than 5 teams..... If the top 4 teams split off and go like 45-3 vs the other 6 teams, not losing to more than 1 of the teams 2x, it's going to be really tough to get 5 in, let alone 6. And Marquette who looks like #6 is not a great candidate because they didn't do much OOC. They need 10 wins, and that's pretty close to impossible if they finish 6th.

As far as the point to what we know today that SH would be in, that's fine- but today isn't selection Sunday. Seton Hall has still got to get 7 more wins, with a brutal schedule. Yes, SH may get a win or 2 vs the top 4 teams. But they also might drop a few games against the other 6.

Yes, right now they project as bubble team. Could go either way, so now guarantees. With their experienced core group, I like their chances.

What do you think of their chances?

a whole lot hinges on this week. If they go 2-0, they should be set. But if they go 0-2, they are in serious trouble.

Now that we know the results of tonight's game what do you think they will do? I'm saying they still get it done and grab a bid. What say you?
Bill Marsh

Postby stever20 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:41 am

So looking at Seton Hall with the KP projections....

They have 2 wins right now...
They are favored 5 games right now. 4 are 81, 73, 74, and 67%. The other one is 57%- @ St John's.
They are underdogs in 9 games. 4 are 10,24,27,and 19%. The other 5 are 48%- @ PC, 42%-Butler, 41%-@ Georgetown, 42%-Creighton, and 49%-Xavier

So you add the 6 middle games and you get 2.79 wins.
you add the 4 favored big games- and you get 2.95 wins.
you add the 4 underdog big games- and you get 0.80 wins.

So to me, the key is going to be winning all 4 of the games they are favorites in by more than 60%. St John's 81%, Providence 73%, @ DePaul 74%, Georgetown 67%. If they do that, they should be pretty safe, unless they can't convert at all many of those middle games.
stever20

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board