Seton Hall

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Seton Hall

Postby Hall2012 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:10 pm

Bill Marsh wrote:
Hall2012 wrote:For Seton Hall to turn their season around, they really need Angel Delgado to start doing something from the free throw line. Everyone's defending him the same way at this point- If he touches the ball in the paint, double team him and hack him, whatever you do don't let him get a shot up without contact. If he could even hit 65%, he'd A. get some more points from those hacks, B. suddenly find some space to finish in the paint, and C. take less of a beating and have more gas in the tank at the end of games.

He's undoubtedly the Hall's best player and at times seems like the whole team, but this one hole in his game is really holding both him and his team back from reaching their full potential.

He's been 55% two years in a row and was worse before that. So, it's not likely to happen. Maybe the strategy should be to have him take 30 shots a game so he can foul out the entire other team all by himself. ;)

Trust me, I know it's not going to happen. The more likely scenario is that he gets better at finishing through contact up close. And while I know the last part of your comment was tongue in cheek, the problem with playing to draw fouls is it puts way too much dependence on the referees.
Seton Hall Pirates
Big East Tournament Champions: 1991, 1993, 2016
Big East Regular Season Champions: 1992, 1993, 2020
Hall2012

Re: Seton Hall

Sponsor

Sponsor

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board