FS1 Big East Ratings Per Metro Area...?

The home for Big East hoops

Postby billyjack » Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:03 am

A piece of information that I'd be really interested in would be the FS1 Big East ratings for each metro area nationwide, or state, or region. Is there a specific part of the country that just doesn't tune in? What is our best timeslot ratings-wise? Is this information available?
Providence
billyjack

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: FS1 Big East Ratings Per Metro Area...?

Postby MUPanther » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:19 pm

I know there is info by region, but nobody listed it anywhere.
Marquette Season Ticket Holder at Fiserv Forum
Milwaukee Panther Season Ticket Holder at UWM Panther Arena (MECCA)
MUPanther

Postby butlerguy03 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:56 am

billyjack wrote:A piece of information that I'd be really interested in would be the FS1 Big East ratings for each metro area nationwide, or state, or region. Is there a specific part of the country that just doesn't tune in? What is our best timeslot ratings-wise? Is this information available?

That is pretty specific information. Makes me wonder if it is behind a pay wall.
Butler University '03
butlerguy03

Postby billyjack » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:41 am

Ok thanks guys.
Providence
billyjack

Postby Fieldhouse Flyer » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:24 am

butlerguy03 wrote:
billyjack wrote:
A piece of information that I'd be really interested in would be the FS1 Big East ratings for each metro area nationwide, or state, or region. Is there a specific part of the country that just doesn't tune in? What is our best timeslot ratings-wise? Is this information available?

That is pretty specific information. Makes me wonder if it is behind a pay wall.

This type of specific information is proprietary and is only available to those who commission and pay for it, and it is not cheap. It's the way that the Nielsen Media Research company makes its money, and they would charge many $millions per year for their services.

Nielsen Media Research's client in this instance would likely be a consortium comprised of the NCAA, and of all of its member conferences who sell the TV rights to their basketball games. That's a lot of information for a lot of clients who all have deep pockets and negotiate multi-billion doll contracts with TV networks. Nielsen Media Research is a subsidiary of Nielsen Holdings plc, whose 2015 revenue exceeded $6 billion.
Fieldhouse Flyer

Return to Big East basketball message board