Myles Davis Is Back - - UPDATE 01/20 ---> Leaving Team - -

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Myles Davis IS BACK

Postby Westbrook#36 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:58 pm

Omaha1 wrote:Any concern from Xavier fans that if you lose to Butler and Creighton, that you are on the bubble? Or even the wrong side of the bubble? Looking at your resume, I don't see any wins over sure fire NCAA tournament teams yet. We have talked about the upside of the musketeers so much on this board, but the actual resume is pretty thin if you don't get wins over the top of the BE.

Seriously? They'd have to get swept by Nova, Butler, and Creighton, plus lose to Cincy to be on the bubble. C'mon now!
Westbrook#36

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby bmorex » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:21 pm

Omaha1 wrote:Any concern from Xavier fans that if you lose to Butler and Creighton, that you are on the bubble? Or even the wrong side of the bubble? Looking at your resume, I don't see any wins over sure fire NCAA tournament teams yet. We have talked about the upside of the musketeers so much on this board, but the actual resume is pretty thin if you don't get wins over the top of the BE.

No.
bmorex

Postby Omaha1 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:35 pm

Westbrook#36 wrote:

Seriously? They'd have to get swept by Nova, Butler, and Creighton, plus lose to Cincy to be on the bubble. C'mon now!

The CU beat writer mentioned this on the radio this morning as he spoke about the upcoming CU-XU game. He commented that Xavier had lost all their resume building games and suggested that Xavier had their backs against the wall if they lost to Butler on Saturday.
Nebraska by birth, Creighton by choice.
Omaha1

Postby Westbrook#36 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:37 pm

Omaha1 wrote:
Westbrook#36 wrote:

The CU beat writer mentioned this on the radio this morning as he spoke about the upcoming CU-XU game. He commented that Xavier had lost all their resume building games and suggested that Xavier had their backs against the wall if they lost to Butler on Saturday.

Then he's smoking some good shit.

TBT, I've listen to some of your radio guys(podcasts/omaha.com video), talk about some clueless homers. The TBL guy and those Bluejay Banter guys are horrible.
Last edited by Westbrook#36 on Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Westbrook#36

Postby GumbyDamnit! » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:50 pm

Omaha1 wrote:
Westbrook#36 wrote:

Man the HLOH family is getting testy. I like it.

I think the bigger thing to watch for on Monday is how CU does on the road against a formidable opponent. We all know the Jays are very comfortable in the C-Link. Tough place to play no doubt. But their only 2 conference games on the road so far: @SJU and @ PC. @X, @Butler, @ Nova, @ SHU @ Marq yet to come. The Jays are the only ones not to go on the road against one of the top 5/6 teams in conference yet. IMO you should be very careful throwing stones. I mean even your big OOC win happened at home. I'd like to see them win in a big spot on the road in conference before being sold on them being a top 4 seed in March. I guess Monday will tell us a whole lot about both programs.
Go Nova!
GumbyDamnit!

Postby JohnW22 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:14 pm

Is this a joke? I mean if it does happen I'll be worried but until then no.
XU
JohnW22

Postby Omaha1 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:26 pm

JohnW22 wrote:

Is this a joke? I mean if it does happen I'll be worried but until then no.

So you're agreeing that if you lose to Butler and Creighton, you would be concerned. That was the whole point.
Omaha1

Postby Omaha1 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:34 pm

Westbrook#36 wrote:TBT, I've listen to some of your radio guys(podcasts/omaha.com video), talk about some clueless homers. The TBL guy and those Bluejay Banter guys are horrible.

That's funny because I think most CU fans would agree with you. At times we get so little local coverage that it was even noted by the Indy Star beat writer in Omaha for the game. He tweeted out something to the effect that there were 7 stories in the sports section about NU football this morning on the morning after a huge CU win. We don't consider you taking pot-shots at our local media personally at all. We do it plenty ourselves.
Omaha1

Postby hortle » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:06 pm

xavier has had the benefit of the doubt since the first preseason polls came out that it was a top 25 team. That is the real reason Xavier will never approach the bubble this year, assuming the train stays on the track. You start losing games consistently against the bottom half of the league, then its maybe time to be concerned. If you get to the 20-22 win range, I really don't think there's any danger of them missing out.

Also second the thoughts about the quality of local Jays coverage. Its unfortunate to hear Gumby's opinion on the Banter guys because they are kind people, but anyone expecting more than middling quality reporting out of the Herald or the bigger radio station is setting the bar too high.
hortle

Postby Westbrook#36 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:09 pm

IF X loses to both Butler and Creighton would there be a meltdown on xavierhoops? Damn straight there would be, but realistically they would still have like 8 more chances at true resume builder type wins(Butler, @Creighton, Nova, Seton Hall(2), Marq.(2), @Cincy). All Xavier needs to do is get to 20 wins and they're in, now they would be deeply disappointed to only get 20, but they'd be in regardless.

Why this overreaction to losing at the Pavilion? 45 straight teams have lost there.
Westbrook#36

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board