Myles Davis Is Back - - UPDATE 01/20 ---> Leaving Team - -

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Myles Davis IS BACK

Postby gtmoBlue » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:51 pm

JohnW22 wrote:
Omaha1 wrote:From Matt Norlander-

Xavier's conceivably No. 4 in the league, but we can now start to pick apart this team's resume and ask: What have the Musketeers done, and what will they do to show us they're worthy not just of being ranked, but of at-large consideration?

Look at Xavier's 2015 resume. They got a 6 seed that year what have they done up to this point that year. Your idea of Xavier being a bubble team is pretty stupid. I hope we kill Creighton to take away any hope you have at Xavier being on the bubble. I mean what has Creighton really done away from home at this point? They beat Butler and Wisconsin at home and blew a game to Nova at home. Xavier still has their 3 best win opportunities at home which is why I'm confused about you thinking Xavier should be worried. If Xavier's losses to Butler and Nova were at home then it be a different story, Creighton already blew one of their big opportunities at home, Xavier hasn't.

Coming to a Cintas Center near U JohnW22, Tomorrow. Bringing all the guns, howitzers, and artillery. Not bringing any fallback excuses, no whining, no well; so & so is hurt, blah, blah, blah. Just bringing several size 15's and 17's to lodge where the sun don't shine! Be Ready - We Ready!
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby xman » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:08 pm

Davis hasn't helped XU during this stretch but I hope he rounds into form quickly. As far as XU goes I am terrified about the next few weeks the way we've been playing.
xman

Postby Fieldhouse Flyer » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:11 am

It will be interesting to see how Myles fares against an unranked team in a ‘must win’ game.

Myles Davis 2016-17 Season Stats and Game Log - ESPN

RPI Forecast (games through Jan. 17th) presently shows Xavier as an 8-point favorite at home against Georgetown on Sunday, and a 6-point underdog at AP # 20 Cincinnati next Thursday.
Fieldhouse Flyer

Postby jfan » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:33 am

I have been surprised by his lack of impact so far. I think he averaged double figures the last two seasons, so I thought he would score more, even with the layoff. When did he start back to practice?
CREIGHTON
jfan

Postby anXUfan » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:19 pm

I believe his first practice was January 8th.
anXUfan

Postby jfan » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:22 pm

The talent is there, just a matter of getting the rust off. It's like preseason for him!
CREIGHTON
jfan

Postby sciencejay » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:49 pm

I think he'll be fine in time. Since he wasn't even practicing with the team through the fall, his teammates had to develop a chemistry completely without him. Now they are trying to fit him back in. He's been such a dynamic presence on both ends of the court--it's hard to imagine he won't get back to where he was. As someone mentioned in the Mo Watson thread, there's still two months of games left--2/3 of the conference games remain. That's plenty of time for X (and CU for that matter) to re-establish chemistry and play better.

While I'm thrilled that a short-handed Jays team picked up the win last Monday, I think X may have a higher ceiling going forward. Lots more uncertainty in Omaha than Cincy.
sciencejay

Postby Xudash » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:03 pm

Creighton with Mo Watson is flat out impressive. F4 impressive. I hope he's okay in the long run. And I hope you guys still go deep in March.

I assume Chris Mack will right the Musketeers Ship. Plenty of season left. The talent is there. I hope the drive is there as well.
XAVIER
Xudash

Postby DudeAnon » Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:32 pm

Welp, guess u can close this thread now.
Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

Postby Irishdawg » Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:28 pm

I saw that he's leaving X after just 3 games back. What caused this decision?

X will be fine without him, but obviously if he was back and at 100% they'd be that much better. Weird considering the love he'd gotten from Musketeer fans at his lone home game.
Irishdawg

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board