Myles Davis Is Back - - UPDATE 01/20 ---> Leaving Team - -

The home for Big East hoops

Postby Xudash » Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:34 pm

Coach Mack announced it at the end of his presser for the St. John's game.

With Kaiser back and at full throttle, we'll now see just how good this version of X Basketball can be.
XAVIER
Xudash

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Myles Davis IS BACK

Postby xavierfano8 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:11 pm

And the UC and Butler fans are all worked up on Twitter lol. Let's go!!
Xavier University '12
xavierfano8

Postby JohnW22 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:12 pm

xavierfano8 wrote:And the UC and Butler fans are all worked up on Twitter lol. Let's go!!

I guess they don't realize it was a first semester suspension. Acting like the only reason he's back is because of the 5 game stretch.
XU
JohnW22

Postby DudeAnon » Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:15 pm

Holy cow Butler fans are throwing a hissy fit. I guess their small hopes of finally beating us this year are flashing before their eyes.
Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

Postby scoscox » Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:28 pm

How is anyone upset? Were people expecting him to miss the entire season? I thought it was a more than sufficient suspension.
scoscox

Postby BEhomer » Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:30 pm

the top teams in the big east is getting better and better. that's one thing I noticed in today's games.

xavier with tyrique jones and goodin seeing more playing time.

butler's fowler with a big game down the stretch. and kamar baldwin with another solid game. savage and woodson seeing more action.

patton gets more confidence every game and as he gets better creighton becomes a team with no real weakness.

seton hall has myles powell already as a big part of their offense.

brunson is starting to become that next level player I expected out of high school.

this is the best group of potential tourney teams NBE has assembled so far.
BEhomer

Postby JohnW22 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:38 pm

scoscox wrote:How is anyone upset? Were people expecting him to miss the entire season? I thought it was a more than sufficient suspension.

They're mad about the 15 game slap on the wrist for breaking a phone.
XU
JohnW22

Postby Irishdawg » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:52 pm

JohnW22 wrote:
xavierfano8 wrote:And the UC and Butler fans are all worked up on Twitter lol. Let's go!!

I guess they don't realize it was a first semester suspension. Acting like the only reason he's back is because of the 5 game stretch.

Then just announce it as a one semester suspension rather than "indefinite" and then he just happens to come back right before the most difficult stretch of the season.

JohnW22 wrote:They're mad about the 15 game slap on the wrist for breaking a phone.

Wasn't it 2 phones, and didn't he punch the girl's car as well? The girl's phone, and then her father's phone that he'd given to her after hers was destroyed? The suspension's more than sufficient if that's all that happened, but my guess is if that were the case he wouldn't have been suspended for the entire semester.

DudeAnon wrote:Holy cow Butler fans are throwing a hissy fit. I guess their small hopes of finally beating us this year are flashing before their eyes.

No more than before, and if this were a singular incident, then I'd completely agree that it's ridiculous to get riled up about it. But X has always tiptoed the line when it comes to its players' behavior and this is just the latest example of that. I'm sure that Xavier is going to win a lot of games though, and with Davis may go very deep in the tournament, which is good for everyone financially (including Butler) in the league.
Irishdawg

Postby X @ Heart » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:04 pm

Well first off Iam very excited for Myles return. We are really starting to come to together and play really well. Completely different looking team from the one we saw in Colorado and Baylor....

But, boy oh boy. Butler fans are very concerned and sensitive to Myles return. Give it a break, the kid lost half his senior season over a couple dumb mistakes. I cannot wait for X to beat up on Butler this year. I'm beginning to really dislike Butler but in a respectful way. Kinda like the way I did Dayton lol. But its a good thing, its fun. Not to mention good for the league. Go X!!!!
X @ Heart

Postby Xudash » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:07 pm

Irishdawg wrote:
JohnW22 wrote:

Then just announce it as a one semester suspension rather than "indefinite" and then he just happens to come back right before the most difficult stretch of the season.

JohnW22 wrote:They're mad about the 15 game slap on the wrist for breaking a phone.

Wasn't it 2 phones, and didn't he punch the girl's car as well? The girl's phone, and then her father's phone that he'd given to her after hers was destroyed? The suspension's more than sufficient if that's all that happened, but my guess is if that were the case he wouldn't have been suspended for the entire semester.

DudeAnon wrote:Holy cow Butler fans are throwing a hissy fit. I guess their small hopes of finally beating us this year are flashing before their eyes.

No more than before, and if this were a singular incident, then I'd completely agree that it's ridiculous to get riled up about it. But X has always tiptoed the line when it comes to its players' behavior and this is just the latest example of that. I'm sure that Xavier is going to win a lot of games though, and with Davis may go very deep in the tournament, which is good for everyone financially (including Butler) in the league.

X has always tiptoed the line when it comes to its players' behavior?

You are both sanctimonious and small. What a stupid position to take.
XAVIER
Xudash

Next

Return to Big East basketball message board