Saturday (5) Big East Games 1/7/17

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Saturday (5) Big East Games 1/7/17

Postby SJUBBALL » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:06 pm

BEhomer wrote:we may be seeing top teams separating themselves from bottom half.

Nova, CU, X, BU, and Seton Hall.

Those 5 will dance. One of marquette and PC could but I don't see it as of now
SJUBBALL

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Cio » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:12 pm

SJUBBALL wrote:
BEhomer wrote:we may be seeing top teams separating themselves from bottom half.

If Cartwright isn't out for long, I think PC will dance. Cartwright stays in that game and it probably goes down to the last possession.
Cio

Postby ChestRockwell85 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:44 pm

SJUBBALL wrote:

Somebody just started this conversation on Villanova's pay board on Scout and everybody is in agreement those 5 will dance as well. Would love to get 6 in, it is still very early and anything can happen.

Congrats to Seton Hall, Butler, Creighton, and Xavier on your wins so far. Hoping Villanova can join that group tonight.

Also to SJU fans, I know the last 2 games have been losses, but your guys continue to play tough until the last buzzer. Something that is certainly a positive. Remember, when Jay Wright got his first big recruiting class of Randy Foye, Allen Ray, Curtis Sumpter, Jason Fraser, those guys didn't dance until they were Juniors. Sometimes these things take time. You have a young team. They all stick around things will be cream cheese.
1985 / 2016 / 2018 NATIONAL CHAMPS gtmoBlue is my homeboy
ChestRockwell85

Postby Burrito » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:55 pm

The Hoyas are 0-10 in their last ten Big East regular season games. What a mess.
Burrito

Postby kayako » Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:08 pm

SJUBBALL wrote:

Too early to say this with 3/4 of the conference season left + the BET left. For example if Gtown can take 1 game from 6 remaining games left vs top 4, beat Marquette and Providence at home, beat Yukon, split with Seton Hall, and sweep SJU & Depaul, that's bubble territory heading into MSG for the tournament. Next 3 games are must wins, though.
supernova
kayako

Postby Irishdawg » Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:35 pm

Burrito wrote:The Hoyas are 0-10 in their last ten Big East regular season games. What a mess.

That's rough. Honestly I feel bad for the Georgetown faithful and the players and coaches at this point. It's an incredibly difficult situation to be in. JTIII had been doing a pretty good job, tourney losses after the F4 run aside right up to the new Big East conference, but whatever happened, things just have been trending in an incredibly bad direction for the Hoyas. The Thompson family has done some amazing things for the basketball program and University as a whole, but at some point, it's time to make a move. Good luck to the Hoyas going forward, because if they get the right coach in there, it won't take long to get that program back to where many expected it to be on a consistent basis.
Irishdawg

Postby hoops22 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:45 pm

ChestRockwell85 wrote:
SJUBBALL wrote:

Somebody just started this conversation on Villanova's pay board on Scout and everybody is in agreement those 5 will dance as well. Would love to get 6 in, it is still very early and anything can happen.

Congrats to Seton Hall, Butler, Creighton, and Xavier on your wins so far. Hoping Villanova can join that group tonight.

Also to SJU fans, I know the last 2 games have been losses, but your guys continue to play tough until the last buzzer. Something that is certainly a positive. Remember, when Jay Wright got his first big recruiting class of Randy Foye, Allen Ray, Curtis Sumpter, Jason Fraser, those guys didn't dance until they were Juniors. Sometimes these things take time. You have a young team. They all stick around things will be cream cheese.

I didn't expect to beat Creighton or Xavier, and realize patience with a young team is necessary, but this is nonetheless discouraging. The defensive effort is absolutely nonexistant. Xavier could have gone well over 100 if Mack didn't take his foot off the petal. Saying we play hard until the end isn't good enough when we're down by 24 points in the first half, back to back games, and the game is essentially over by halftime. The ball movement today was terrible, zero defensive effort, and Ahmed continues to be the most out of control college basketball player I have ever seen. I know we're young and will take our lumps, it's the way we lose I find concerning.
hoops22

Postby cu blujs » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:23 pm

I would find the lack of coaching concerning
cu blujs

Postby REDMEN1415 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:59 am

Burrito wrote:The Hoyas are 0-10 in their last ten Big East regular season games. What a mess.

Well don't worry, we're coming in, and we don't play def.
Georgetown by fdouble digits.

I understood that this season was gonna be rough, but wtf is the effort on def???
Show some heart out there to try and want to get some stops.

I was pleasantly surprised when i turned on being up 18-13 at the under 12.
When game resumes, Lovett who was in fire is on the bench and wtf is on the court?
The Euro trio, why????????????????? Before you know it X is on a 24-4 run, and the game is done.

But hey atleast we doubled out B.E. win totals from last year. lol
REDMEN1415

Postby stever20 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:27 pm

The 4 at the top are of course in.....

The problem for getting more teams in is that those top 4 have 1 loss outside the top 4, and that's to St John's. Those losses aren't going to happen that much at all.

Seton Hall- currently 2-1. needs 7 more wins to feel safe making the tourney. So far 0-1 vs top 4(@ Creighton) 2 home wins vs other teams. HUGE week for them next week @ Marquette, @ Providence. Get 1 and they're looking really good.
Marquette- currently 1-2. Needs 8 more wins to have any shot, 9 to feel good. So far 0-1 vs top 4(@ Villanova). home win vs Georgetown, road win vs Marquette. 2 must win games this week to make tourney- home vs Seton Hall and DePaul.
Providence- currently 1-3. needs 8 more wins to feel safe making the tourney. So far 0-3 vs top 4. 1 home win vs Georgetown. 2 must win games this week if they have any shot to make tourney- @ DePaul, home vs Seton Hall.
Georgetown- currently 0-4. Needs 9 more wins to feel safe making the tourney(with win over UConn). So far 0-2 vs top 4. 2 road losses vs other teams(Marquette, Providence). 2 absolute must wins this week- St Johns, UConn.

The Seton Hall/Marquette, Seton Hall/Providence games are just huge. Seton Hall goes 2-0, and they're pretty much set- BUT it probably sets the Big East with a limit of 5 teams.

And 1 thing to really remember- St John's has only played either top 4 teams or DePaul. Will be interesting to see how they do against the 4 bubbleish teams.

As to kayako saying what he said about Georgetown- if they did what you said, they would be 8-10 and 17-14 entering the BET. That's a projected RPI of 69.5. There's really no way that gets close to being in, unless the Hoyas made a run probably to the BE final. It sucks, but that's the bed the Hoya's have gotten in right now.
stever20

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board