JTIII is the worst coach in the NCAA

The home for Big East hoops

Re: JTIII is the worst coach in the NCAA

Postby GoldenWarrior11 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:15 am

Imagine if they dismissed JT3 at the end of the season and hired Patrick Ewing. Those St. Johns/Georgetown matchups would be ELECTRIC!
GoldenWarrior11

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby sciencejay » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:36 am

I think this may have been discussed in another "JT3 sucks" thread, but who do you get as a replacement? Ewing? Hot mid-major? Who? Nebraska football got rid of a decent, but not great coach (Frank Solich) after a legend retired, and their top choice said "No". They've been trying to find the right guy to bring them back ever since. Certainly this all seems harder for GT with JTII still such a tremendous presence.
sciencejay

Postby DudeAnon » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:48 am

sciencejay wrote:I think this may have been discussed in another "JT3 sucks" thread, but who do you get as a replacement? Ewing? Hot mid-major? Who? Nebraska football got rid of a decent, but not great coach (Frank Solich) after a legend retired, and their top choice said "No". They've been trying to find the right guy to bring them back ever since. Certainly this all seems harder for GT with JTII still such a tremendous presence.

There is no "right' answer. You just have to hope the AD does his research on the new hire and then just roll your dice.
Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

Postby Bluejay » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:10 am

BigmanU wrote:
Edrick wrote:
ChestRockwell85 wrote:I would love for G'Town to return to being a constant Top 25 team, the Big East needs it

It does? Georgetown has been mostly irrelevant since the conference was formed, yet the conference will finish in the Top 3 for the third year in a row this year.

From a pure basketball RPI standpoint it doesn't. From a eyeball on TV screen standpoint it does. Georgetown and Villanova are the Big East's most marketable brands when their winning.

No disrespect of other teams, but from a national standpoint. Nothing like leading into the Big East Tournament involving strong top 25 teams of Villanova, Georgetown, St. John's. The buzz is always electric.

I can buy this. If you are in your late 30's or older, Georgetown is a blueblood program. If they were a top 10 team right now, there would be even more national attention.

I feel bad for Georgetown fans.
Bluejay

Postby NJRedman » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:31 pm

sciencejay wrote:I think this may have been discussed in another "JT3 sucks" thread, but who do you get as a replacement? Ewing? Hot mid-major? Who? Nebraska football got rid of a decent, but not great coach (Frank Solich) after a legend retired, and their top choice said "No". They've been trying to find the right guy to bring them back ever since. Certainly this all seems harder for GT with JTII still such a tremendous presence.

Shaka Smart. Not doing great in Texas but he was good recruiting out of Richmond. So he has some connections to VA, MD and DC area high schools.
NJRedman

Postby Jet915 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:35 pm

I hate to say it but Gregg Marshall, he's a douche but I think he would get the Hoyas back on track. Either way, like it's been said, until JT2 is gone, no way JT3 is canned unless he willingly resigns...
Jet915

Postby Bluejay » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:52 pm

NJRedman wrote:

Shaka Smart. Not doing great in Texas but he was good recruiting out of Richmond. So he has some connections to VA, MD and DC area high schools.

I'm going to throw this out there and then duck for cover....

Shaka's a fraud. His VCU teams won by playing a modified version of football on the court as opposed to actual basketball. They weren't "physical" in the sense of the 1980's BE "physical," they just outright fouled constantly but the fouls didn't get called. I contend that Shaka's struggles at Texas actually have more to do with the recent rule changes and rule emphases that have made "havoc" illegal (as it always really was anyway), rather than due to any other reason. Mind you - I have no problem with Shaka utilizing that format at the time because the refs let him get away with it, but it was barely basketball.
Bluejay

Postby Bluejay » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:55 pm

Jet915 wrote:I hate to say it but Gregg Marshall, he's a douche but I think he would get the Hoyas back on track. Either way, like it's been said, until JT2 is gone, no way JT3 is canned unless he willingly resigns...

Marshall is not going to go to a school where academics are stressed unless it is Duke or UNC. He thrives on the lax admission standards that WSU has in place, but would struggle getting his players in at most BE schools.
Bluejay

Postby BEhomer » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:11 pm

Give him another year with Tremont Waters. I really like this kid alot. Their offense at the very least should be much improved. I don't remember the last time they had a true point like him.
BEhomer

Postby JohnW22 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:55 pm

BEhomer wrote:Give him another year with Tremont Waters. I really like this kid alot. Their offense at the very least should be much improved. I don't remember the last time they had a true point like him.

I know Georgetown is in dark times but I feel like the fans are expecting too much out of Waters. He's still going to be a freshman and he's not going to magically turn everything around like people are expecting. I know when things are bad fans tend to think what they don't have yet will fix everything.
XU
JohnW22

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board