Stevens, Hayward & Crowder

The home for Big East hoops

Postby FenwayFriar » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:52 pm

http://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/jae-crowder-says-celtics-fans-disrespected-cheering-opposing-player-010317

Kind of OT, but this has been a hot button issue all day on Boston sports radio and since it has Butler and Marquette ties I thought I'd share this in case anyone missed it. Personally I think Crowder overreacted and never a good thing to go after the fans. Especially what he was saying on Twitter, which he's since deleted. He had about 6-7 tweets after the game saying he'd have no problem leaving Boston and that he'll be appreciated more elsewhere. Boston fans aren't one to forget things easily, unless of course you win it all. Anyways, I think the story is mostly overblown around here because the Pats have a bye until the AFC Championship Game this year and there's nothing else to talk about, but as a Celtics fan I'd be thrilled with a Stevens & Hayward reunion. I bet Butler fans would like to see them team up again too unless of course they're playing the Pacers.
FenwayFriar

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Stevens, Hayward & Crowder

Postby Edrick » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:57 am

The Boston fans can try but he's not going to leave Utah. After he opts out of his current max deal, he'll just get another max deal with the Jazz with the additional 5th year that a resigning franchise gets. That's just how the NBA works now. Players that teams actually want, stick around because the home town contracts are just so much better.
Edrick

Return to Big East basketball message board