Current Bubble Odds

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Current Bubble Odds

Postby stever20 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:39 am

I wouldn't say Seton Hall is a heavy favorite vs Xavier, even with the injury situation. It's very possible Bluiett plays.

vs DePaul- they've had home games vs Bubble teams Providence, Marquette, and Georgetown. They're 1-2 in those 3 with 1 of the losses being a 3 point loss. To say that it's remote that Seton Hall could lose is a joke.

It wouldn't shock me at all if they go 1-3. Nor would it shock me to see them go 3-1. 2-2 is extremely likely. It is THE likely scenario.
stever20

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby JohnW22 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:49 am

stever20 wrote:I wouldn't say Seton Hall is a heavy favorite vs Xavier, even with the injury situation. It's very possible Bluiett plays.

vs DePaul- they've had home games vs Bubble teams Providence, Marquette, and Georgetown. They're 1-2 in those 3 with 1 of the losses being a 3 point loss. To say that it's remote that Seton Hall could lose is a joke.

It wouldn't shock me at all if they go 1-3. Nor would it shock me to see them go 3-1. 2-2 is extremely likely. It is THE likely scenario.

Even with Bluiett I think Seton Hall wins. Xavier never plays good up there and I don't know how much of an impact Bluiett will have. I think he will play though.
XU
JohnW22

Postby Bill Marsh » Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:16 pm

stever20 wrote:I wouldn't say Seton Hall is a heavy favorite vs Xavier, even with the injury situation. It's very possible Bluiett plays.

Yes, it's possible Bluiett plays, but I think they've learned their lesson after not sitting him when he first got hurt. They said he'd be out 1-3 games. I'm guessing 3. Maybe more. They can make up for any losses during his absence with a strong showing in MSG, but if he comes back to soon he and they could be done for the season.

Regardless of Bluiett's return, they're still missing Sumner. Take the RPI Forecast projections and adjust them for his loss, which is huge all by itself. With both Bluiett and Sumner in the lineup, the game was a toss up with SH's home court advantage. Take either or both out of the game and The Hall becomes the clear favorite.

Whatever tickles your funny bone. I say that the idea of DePaul with nothing to play for beating a superior Seton Hall team with its season on the line is a joke regardless of where the game is played. Their win over Providence was 6 weeks ago. How many conference games in a row have they lost since then?

I guess I'm more easily shocked than you are. :o I guess I'll just agree to respectfully disagree.

But I would still love to see you actually pick these 4 games and tell us who you think will win each of them. Just for fun. Saying what you wouldn't be shocked by is kind of hedging your bets.
Bill Marsh

Postby Bill Marsh » Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:29 pm

BTW, Stever, aren't you the guy who made the case that Creighton will be judged on what they've done with Watson out of the lineup? Didn't you point out just the other day that they've lost 4 games without Watson and that 2 of their wins were against lowly DePaul? Didn't you say that Creighton is no longer likely to be a high seed and shoud be seen as more likely an 8-10 seed?

Now all of a sudden, you don't include them when you list DePaul's record against bubble teams? In fact, one of those Creighton wins was a 35-point blowout at DePaul! If that's not a team that Seton Hall can go in and beat the snot out of, I don't know who is. Look at the matchup of Delgado vs anyone facing up against him down low. He won't just have a double-double. It'll be 20-20.
Bill Marsh

Postby stever20 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:28 pm

Bill Marsh wrote:BTW, Stever, aren't you the guy who made the case that Creighton will be judged on what they've done with Watson out of the lineup? Didn't you point out just the other day that they've lost 4 games without Watson and that 2 of their wins were against lowly DePaul? Didn't you say that Creighton is no longer likely to be a high seed and shoud be seen as more likely an 8-10 seed?

Now all of a sudden, you don't include them when you list DePaul's record against bubble teams? In fact, one of those Creighton wins was a 35-point blowout at DePaul! If that's not a team that Seton Hall can go in and beat the snot out of, I don't know who is. Look at the matchup of Delgado vs anyone facing up against him down low. He won't just have a double-double. It'll be 20-20.

Creighton is not a bubble team at all. They are in no way the same realm as Georgetown, Providence, and Marquette.
stever20

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board