Big East Brainstorming v. 2017

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Big East Brainstorming v. 2017

Postby ivet » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:15 pm

I would like to see an Alumni vs. current players scrimmage before the season starts. Take the pre-season All Big East and have em play a bunch of old out of shape BE alums.
ivet

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby BEhomer » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:38 pm

have a pre-season exhibition game at one of the famous inner city basketball courts. It'll be like outdoor hockey.
BEhomer

Postby Toronto Rapture » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:41 pm

I like a lot of the ideas in here and a good amount of them could be integrated with the BET (for instance, have ceremony for BE Hall of fame inductees during BET, maybe at the final) or opening games (wearing retro uniforms). When facing former BE schools, why not have both of the teams wear retro BE uniforms each time? A little blast to the past for everyone. I also support a return to the classic logo for DePaul (I like the new SH logo though). Any more use of the classic Hoyas logo is welcome, maybe even more so now that Ewing is back.

I feel like the BE digital network needs to be enhanced; a good way might be by incorporating some ideas like the ones in this thread that may not make it to air on FOX and have them on the digital network. Promote the digital network and try to grow it.

A gameday-like show/segment on FOX would be nice. Hell, make it half an hour and focus exclusively on BE games, predictions, etc. on the campus of the game airing on FOX that day. Out among the fans. With the cheerleaders. :)

Some have suggested having games out of the U.S., yet no one mentioned Canada?! It would be good to have a presence up here for recruiting purposes. There is talent here and it would ne nice to see more Canadian kids playing in the BE.

Make a BE chant (hard since nothing rolls of the tongue quite like S...)
"...Bull doggin'...like them Georgetown Hoyas..." Big Boi from Outkast
Toronto Rapture

Postby gtmoBlue » Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:05 pm

billyjack wrote:Thought of a couple more ideas during the season. Figured I'd wait til after the national finals to post them...

- during TV broadcasts, add a fan from each school to sit behind the microphone, to announce the play-by-play and or work as an analyst. This idea was used in EPL soccer games back 10 or so years ago.

...The Big East equivalent of this would be to have Tim Brando and Tarik Turner call a Creighton-Villanova game, but for 10 minutes each half they're joined by gtmoblue or Jet915, and GumbyDammit or Westbrook. The fans behind the mike would lend expertise on their team, some passion, some complaining about poor officiating...

... imagine Brunson driving down the lane... he stops... he does a shot fake... he spins to pass it back out... meanwhile gtmoblue barks "steps!" or "travel!" or "3 seconds!"...

... Creighton takes the ball down court... gtmoblue barks "just feed Patton... mismatch on Patton..."

anyway, something like that.

Great stuff BillyJack. Probably have to use Jet, LJ, the Wiz, or other Creighton homer who will work for free. However, gtmoBlue has fees for appearances, stipends for speaking engagements, etc. God Bless America and Tony Robbins.
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board