Myles Davis

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Myles Davis

Postby hoyahooligan » Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:42 pm

Last day for registration appears to be January 15th. If he's not back in school/practicing by then he's not coming back.
hoyahooligan

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby JohnW22 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:58 pm

hoyahooligan wrote:Last day for registration appears to be January 15th. If he's not back in school/practicing by then he's not coming back.

He's back on campus...
XU
JohnW22

Postby hoyahooligan » Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:45 pm

JohnW22 wrote:
hoyahooligan wrote:Last day for registration appears to be January 15th. If he's not back in school/practicing by then he's not coming back.

He's back on campus...

Walking around campus doesn't mean he's back enrolled in classes.
hoyahooligan

Postby JohnW22 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:48 pm

hoyahooligan wrote:
JohnW22 wrote:

He's back on campus...

Walking around campus doesn't mean he's back enrolled in classes.

He wouldn't come back to Cincinnati from New Jersey for the first time in months on Christmas to have a nice walk around campus.
XU
JohnW22

Postby xuwin » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:20 am

stever20 wrote:If it's January 9, it'd be right before a 3 game stretch with Nova, Butler, and Creighton.

If this were Coach K and he did the same timing, folks here would be railing against it.

I seriously doubt that he would be able to make much of a contribution to the team by then. He would have very little practice time with the team. I doubt that Mack would play him much considering that he hasn't been with the team.
xuwin

Postby DudeAnon » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:34 am

stever20 wrote:If it's January 9, it'd be right before a 3 game stretch with Nova, Butler, and Creighton.

If this were Coach K and he did the same timing, folks here would be railing against it.

Most schools would've given Myles a slap on the wrist in the form of 3 cupcake games at the start of the season, if even. Myles will miss at least half the season, I have no idea how you can be critical of Xavier here. Can't wait to see your tough Hoyas tomorrow.
Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

Postby Bill Marsh » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:13 pm

DudeAnon wrote:

Most schools would've given Myles a slap on the wrist in the form of 3 cupcake games at the start of the season, if even. Myles will miss at least half the season, I have no idea how you can be critical of Xavier here. Can't wait to see your tough Hoyas tomorrow.

Agree. Based on what I've read, the punishment seemed over the top to me. But of course I don't know all the details.
Bill Marsh

Postby stever20 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:18 pm

all that i'm saying is that if player was at Duke and he came back 1st 3 games being Virginia, Louisville, and North Carolina- folks here would be belly aching big time. Even if it was the same length.
stever20

Postby XtoDC » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:27 pm

Bill Marsh wrote:
DudeAnon wrote:

Agree. Based on what I've read, the punishment seemed over the top to me. But of course I don't know all the details.

No insider info here, but I think it was intended to be a slap on the wrist kind of thing when everything first occurred, and Mack told Myles specifically what he had to do. Then Myles went and did something else stupid, and that was when the indefinite suspension happened and Mack told Myles to prove that he could do what was required to be on the team if that is what he wanted. Mack hasn't had a problem with telling his veterans that aren't completely invested and willing to work hard and be leaders to take a hike. Chris Mack wasn't exactly begging for the likes of Mark Lyons, Justin Martin, and Jalen Reynolds (to a lesser extent though) to finish their eligibility in a Xavier uniform, even though they were all talented and could have contributed.
XtoDC

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board