Anti-Big East Bias

The home for Big East hoops

Anti-Big East Bias

Postby DudeAnon » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:23 am

Post your favorite instances of ESPN etc, showing their bias against the Big East.
Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

Anti-Big East Bias

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Anti-Big East Bias

Postby DudeAnon » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:24 am

Here is ESPN's graphic before the Butler vs Indiana game

Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

Postby jfan » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:35 am

On the other side of it, John Gasaway of ESPN insider tweeted that Creighton is a major conference team last night, so that was nice to see in print (he was tweeting how bad ASU was on defense against major conference teams--- Kentucky, Purdue and now Creighton). I don't think that ESPN can dispute the high major status of the BE. Since they don't have a TV contract with us, they aren't going to do us any favors!
Last edited by jfan on Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
CREIGHTON
jfan

Postby whiteandblue77 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:55 am

Lots of love from ESPN last night for CU and the league. They were like an old girlfriend who want's back for some lovin' ... I think there will be a bigger bidding war for the new Big East contract in 2023.
The Big East is Dead! Long Live the Big East!
whiteandblue77

Postby GoldenWarrior11 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:21 am

whiteandblue77 wrote:Lots of love from ESPN last night for CU and the league. They were like an old girlfriend who want's back for some lovin' ... I think there will be a bigger bidding war for the new Big East contract in 2023.

Absolutely. The fact that ESPN cannot televise the BET anymore really eats away at them. They marketed the 2013 BET as the "Last Big East Tournament Ever". Boy, did they guess wrong. If they were to reacquire the Big East, they would probably overpay for us, only then to show us on ESPN2 and ESPNU - effectively downgrading and devaluing us they have to the American.

I'd stay away from ESPN at all costs, but if we could leverage them to have Fox give us a little bump in pay in our next deal, that would be glorious.
GoldenWarrior11

Postby stever20 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:26 am

GoldenWarrior11 wrote:
whiteandblue77 wrote:Lots of love from ESPN last night for CU and the league. They were like an old girlfriend who want's back for some lovin' ... I think there will be a bigger bidding war for the new Big East contract in 2023.

Absolutely. The fact that ESPN cannot televise the BET anymore really eats away at them. They marketed the 2013 BET as the "Last Big East Tournament Ever". Boy, did they guess wrong. If they were to reacquire the Big East, they would probably overpay for us, only then to show us on ESPN2 and ESPNU - effectively downgrading and devaluing us they have to the American.

I'd stay away from ESPN at all costs, but if we could leverage them to have Fox give us a little bump in pay in our next deal, that would be glorious.

Big East on ESPN2 > Big East on FS1

That's just the cold hard facts right now.

I wouldn't be shocked if in 2 years, Big East is actually on ESPN- taking the sub licensing package from CBS.
stever20

Postby novahoops11 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:55 pm

req·ui·em
(rĕk′wē-əm, rē′kwē-)
n.
1. Requiem Roman Catholic Church
a. A mass for a deceased person.

b. A musical composition for such a mass.

2. A hymn, composition, or service for the dead
novahoops11

Postby ecasadoSBU » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:29 pm

DudeAnon wrote:Here is ESPN's graphic before the Butler vs Indiana game

I saw that myself in the Notre Dame game. In shock. They didn't point out the Top 25 ZONA/CINCY wins they had
Stony Brook Red, Connecticut Blue, and Big East basketball!
ecasadoSBU

Postby ecasadoSBU » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:30 pm

jfan wrote:On the other side of it, John Gasaway of ESPN insider tweeted that Creighton is a major conference team last night, so that was nice to see in print (he was tweeting how bad ASU was on defense against major conference teams--- Kentucky, Purdue and now Creighton). I don't think that ESPN can dispute the high major status of the BE. Since they don't have a TV contract with us, they aren't going to do us any favors!

They are stating the obvious. It shouldn't be a compliment that they are calling the B.E a major conference... its a FACT
Stony Brook Red, Connecticut Blue, and Big East basketball!
ecasadoSBU

Postby BEhomer » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:57 pm

The state of Indiana basketball.

Butler beats Indiana.
Nova beats Purdue and Notre Dame.
BEhomer

Next

Return to Big East basketball message board