(4) Wednesday Big East Games 12/21/16

The home for Big East hoops

Re: (4) Wednesday Big East Games 12/21/16

Postby SJHooper » Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:06 pm

NJRedman wrote:
SJHooper wrote:I don't think you will have to wonder too much. Amar is out and so is Mussini now (infection) for tonight (2 of the major reasons why we beat them last year). The game might be over at halftime if we didn't learn anything from PSU. FYI, if you live in the NYC metro area like me, the game is blacked out on ESPN3. If you don't have the ACC network, you can't see it (unless you find a shady streaming service which gives you viruses). This was a game I had circled before the season started. If we were 7-4 or 8-3 like we should have been by now, the build up to this game would have been pretty big. IMO no way Cuse can lose to us 3x in a row including twice in a row at home after losing 4 in a row to G'Town. Last year we didn't miss all game and they were ice cold (Cooney was red hot coming into the game). They will be looking for revenge. Let's just get this over with and move on to Big East play.

Cuse: 90
SJ: 71

This is why you are a s****y St. John's fan.

Btw it was on YES, so everyone in NYC with cable got it.

Lol there are your anger outbursts again. Squeeze an orange or something man, no reason to have a hissy fit on a sports forum especially when you root for the same team as me. And I did get it on YES thankfully I don't have the ACC Network. Just to get this straight, I am a terrible fan for not seeing a 33 point beatdown on Cuse at the Carrier Dome after losing to Delaware St, LIU, nearly CSUN, etc.? Were Appalachian State fans also terrible fans for not predicting the win over #5 Michigan a few years back? Is that what your idea of a "true fan" is? To expect the team to beat anyone despite all evidence to the contrary including Duke, Kentucky, etc. even after showing nothing to that point? You can be a huge fan of a team and also be realistic simultaneously. Realistically, there was probably a 99.9% chance we were going to not only lose but get blown out last night. They say the best predictor of future behavior is past behavior, so all I had to go off was our abomination of our performances leading up to this game. You should also wait before posting something like that, because now if we get blown out and go back to looking like we did vs. PSU, you will be the one eating crow. It was one game. One. Thrilled? Yes. Are we still well behind where we should have been? Yes.
SJHooper

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Jet915 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:01 am

If anyone wants to relive the dunkfest, here it is...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2Ol1glrW5Y
Jet915

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board