Villanova's winning streak

The home for Big East hoops

Postby Bill Marsh » Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:02 am

Nova is 17-0 since losing to Seton Hall in last year's BE title game. Who will stop their streak? Predict their next loss.
Bill Marsh

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Villanova's winning streak

Postby GumbyDamnit! » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:05 am

Bill Marsh wrote:Nova is 17-0 since losing to Seton Hall in last year's BE title game. Who will stop their streak? Predict their next loss.

2nd and 3rd league games are @ Creighton and @ Butler. I don't think they will survive that trip unscathed. Which one (or both)...not sure.
Go Nova!
GumbyDamnit!

Postby Hall2012 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:38 am

Seton Hall would provide some nice symmetry ;)
Seton Hall Pirates
Big East Tournament Champions: 1991, 1993, 2016
Big East Regular Season Champions: 1992, 1993, 2020
Hall2012

Postby XU85 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:11 pm

I predict Creighton! Sounds like the arena is going to be crazy on New Years Eve!
Xavier, 85 & 87
XU85

Postby mpwalsh8 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:51 pm

GumbyDamnit! wrote:
Bill Marsh wrote:Nova is 17-0 since losing to Seton Hall in last year's BE title game. Who will stop their streak? Predict their next loss.

2nd and 3rd league games are @ Creighton and @ Butler. I don't think they will survive that trip unscathed. Which one (or both)...not sure.

I agree. As much as I'd like to see it happen, I doubt Villanova wins both road games. I'd be happy going 1-1. Going 0-2 would not surprise me and would not be the end of the world. If Villanova were to lose both @Creighton and @Butler I am sure there will be all sorts of naysayers coming out of the woodwork stating Villanova was never worthy of the #1 ranking and there would be all sorts of questions about how much Villanova misses Acrch and Ochefu.

XU85 wrote:I predict Creighton! Sounds like the arena is going to be crazy on New Years Eve!

The Creighton game is at noon EST so while I expect it will be nuts, will be as nuts as it would for night time tip off?
mpwalsh8

Postby Bill Marsh » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:19 pm

I think this Villanova team is good enough to go through the rest of its schedule undefeated. They probably won't, but beating Purdue on the road showed they're probably capable of beating anyone in the BE on the road. It'll be fun to see who can take them down.
Bill Marsh

Postby jfan » Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:57 pm

mpwalsh8 wrote:
GumbyDamnit! wrote:

I agree. As much as I'd like to see it happen, I doubt Villanova wins both road games. I'd be happy going 1-1. Going 0-2 would not surprise me and would not be the end of the world. If Villanova were to lose both @Creighton and @Butler I am sure there will be all sorts of naysayers coming out of the woodwork stating Villanova was never worthy of the #1 ranking and there would be all sorts of questions about how much Villanova misses Acrch and Ochefu.

XU85 wrote:I predict Creighton! Sounds like the arena is going to be crazy on New Years Eve!

The Creighton game is at noon EST so while I expect it will be nuts, will be as nuts as it would for night time tip off?
Probably not, but it will be loud. At least I hope we don't have fans that start drinking before noon on New Years Eve. That would make for a long day! The noise didn't bother Nova last year, they smoked us!
CREIGHTON
jfan

Postby DeltaV » Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:59 pm

jfan wrote:
mpwalsh8 wrote:

Probably not, but it will be loud. At least I hope we don't have fans that start drinking before noon on New Years Eve. That would make for a long day! The noise didn't bother Nova last year, they smoked us!

What's wrong with drinking before noon?

Can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning :D
'Nova MechE, Swimming
DeltaV

Postby mpwalsh8 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:43 pm

DeltaV wrote:

Absolutely nothing. NYE is overrated - starting the day with a Bloody Mary (or several) leading into what should be a good game is far more appealing to me!
mpwalsh8

Postby Bill Marsh » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:04 pm

mpwalsh8 wrote:
DeltaV wrote:

Absolutely nothing. NYE is overrated - starting the day with a Bloody Mary (or several) leading into what should be a good game is far more appealing to me!

Hey, Walsh, how have you been? Nice to hear from you. Happy holidays! 8-)
Bill Marsh

Next

Return to Big East basketball message board