Villanova's winning streak

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Villanova's winning streak

Postby XU85 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:04 pm

I thought Nova looked more vulnerable this year, but after the Creighton game, I'm not so sure anymore. Nova just plays with amazing poise at the end of games, whereas I've seen X play panicky and rudderless at crucial points. I was admittedly cheering for Creighton, but hey, it's nice having the #1 team in the country.
Xavier, 85 & 87
XU85

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby SJUBBALL » Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:07 pm

I was in the same boat at most of you; I was certain CU was going to beat Nova. After the first 5 minutes, I was even more certain. But nova prevailed. And they looked very very good while doing it.

Maybe it's because I'm a St. John's fan and we just beat butler, but I don't think Butler can beat Nova. Maybe it will be close because it's at Hinkle, but I expect the same thing to happen, with 5 minutes left Nova will take the game. Butler isn't athletic enough to guard Shamorie Ponds, they aren't going to be able to handle Brunson, Hart, and Jenkins.

I think, with Booth out, the only way I see nova going down is if Brunson gets into foul trouble in one of these games. DiVincenzo is not very good, easily the worst player on the team that gets time, and if he has to run the point and get major minutes with Brunson out, I could see Nova going down that way.

Either way, I think nova will go 18-0 or 17-1. They just don't lose
SJUBBALL

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board