Six Teams in Bracketology 12-15

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Six Teams in Bracketology 12-15

Postby gtmoBlue » Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:18 pm

The sole disrespectful arse thus far (not attempting to account for the spreadsheet talleys) has been the darned gtmo (and he doesn't count). His predictions are Soooo out in left field they had to take the fence down to field his ridiculous guesses (in some ballparks they'd be called Homeruns). However, ridiculous is his forte' and (I'll stick with my stuff) if end of year crow eating is in order - so be it. But as one wise man previously stated - the conference season hasn't yet started and erobody is 0-0. It's gonna be fun watching youse guys implode... :lol: ;)
gtmoBlue
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Westbrook#36 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:09 pm

Ok, upon doing more research into my preseason picks, I'll eat a large plate of crow. Seems I picked PC 9th more than one place, my really, really bad. Sorry. I blame JT3 and Wojo, as well as St. John's fans for passing out copious amounts of cups of red kool-aid. Oh, Ponds, LoVett, Sima, Yawke they said, oh my, oh my. Never trust a Johnnies fan. Now someone please pass me some hot sauce, this crow is pretty dry.
Westbrook#36

Postby sciencejay » Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:19 pm

From what I can tell, Creighton's RPI is #3 (ESPN's real time RPI as of today). I'm not saying that the Jays should be a one seed, but how does that translate to a four seed? I thought Bracketology was "if the tourney started today"?
sciencejay

Postby FriarJ » Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:49 pm

Westbrook#36 wrote:Guess you just can't please some people. I undersold the Friars a bit this year, I expect to be the 7th or 8th best team in the BE, looks like they're the 6th. My bad, so shoot me. The question I have is, if PC does indeed finish 7th or 8th will all those talking right now come back and eat a little crow? If they finish 5th or higher than I will eat copious amounts of crow, will actually look forward to it, because that means the league will be that much stronger for it.

I really don't want to start a pissing contest, I respect the hell out of Providence and Ed Cooley. The man can flat out coach up a team, they just lost a bunch this year. It wasn't anything personal picking them there, someone has to finish 7th or 8th.

Also lesson learned, starting next year and until farther notice I will no longer pick Cooley and the Friars below 6th.

You obviously have a reading comprehension problem or are being obtuse on purpose. I specifically said multiple times this is not directed at those who picked PC anything other than 9th or last. I guess those US News and World Report ratings really are BS.
FriarJ

Postby Westbrook#36 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:35 pm

:roll:
Westbrook#36

Postby milksteak » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:17 am

gtmoBlue wrote:The sole disrespectful arse thus far (not attempting to account for the spreadsheet talleys) has been the darned gtmo (and he doesn't count). His predictions are Soooo out in left field they had to take the fence down to field his ridiculous guesses (in some ballparks they'd be called Homeruns). However, ridiculous is his forte' and (I'll stick with my stuff) if end of year crow eating is in order - so be it. But as one wise man previously stated - the conference season hasn't yet started and erobody is 0-0. It's gonna be fun watching youse guys implode... :lol: ;)
gtmoBlue

Everyone here sees through your act. You're a fraud and a troll. 99% of your posts are inaccurate and ridiculous.
"I am a penned-up, leashed dog right now, and I can't wait to get started for Butler University."
- Barry Collier, August 1, 2006
milksteak

Postby mel ott » Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:43 am

milksteak wrote:
gtmoBlue wrote:The sole disrespectful arse thus far (not attempting to account for the spreadsheet talleys) has been the darned gtmo (and he doesn't count). His predictions are Soooo out in left field they had to take the fence down to field his ridiculous guesses (in some ballparks they'd be called Homeruns). However, ridiculous is his forte' and (I'll stick with my stuff) if end of year crow eating is in order - so be it. But as one wise man previously stated - the conference season hasn't yet started and erobody is 0-0. It's gonna be fun watching youse guys implode... :lol: ;)
gtmoBlue

Everyone here sees through your act. You're a fraud and a troll. 99% of your posts are inaccurate and ridiculous.

He's not a troll. He's just being gtmo. I would suggest: don't take him too seriously. He's a fanatic and just enjoy his comments for what they are- all blue Kool-aid.
mel ott

Postby Burrito » Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:11 am

The biggest surprise for me so far this year is Butler. I knew they had some new good players coming in this year. But with the loss of Jones/Dunham to graduation, I predicted them finishing in the bottom third of the Big East this year. If you told me six months ago they would be nationally ranked in mid December, I wouldn't have believed you.

Providence has been a pleasant surprise as well. They have a very short bench though. It will be interesting to see how they hold up during two months of conference play.

I was hoping to see a bigger bump in Mullin's second year but he still has a very young team. Bummed that Sima transferred out.
Burrito

Postby hoyahooligan » Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:28 am

Preseason:
Nova
Xavier
Creighton
Seton Hall
Georgetown
Butler
Marquette
Providence
St. John's
DePaul
(can't remember if I had Creighton or Seton Hall 3rd but they were 3/4)

To Date:
Nova
Creighton
Butler
Xavier
Seton Hall
Providence
Marquette
Georgetown
DePaul
St. Johns

End of Year:

Nova
Creighton
Xavier
Seton Hall
Butler
Georgetown
Marquette
Providence
St. John's
DePaul

Top 6 go Dancing Marquette and Providence bubble/ NIT.

Now I have only seen bits and pieces of Butler and Marquette and Haven't seen Creighton at all. Plus I'm a homer, but that's how I see it.
hoyahooligan

Postby FriarsForever » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:57 pm

Burrito wrote:The biggest surprise for me so far this year is Butler. I knew they had some new good players coming in this year. But with the loss of Jones/Dunham to graduation, I predicted them finishing in the bottom third of the Big East this year. If you told me six months ago they would be nationally ranked in mid December, I wouldn't have believed you.

Providence has been a pleasant surprise as well. They have a very short bench though. It will be interesting to see how they hold up during two months of conference play.

I was hoping to see a bigger bump in Mullin's second year but he still has a very young team. Bummed that Sima transferred out.

Very short bench? These are the dumb things that tick PC fans off lol. Anyone who has watched more than 3 games of Friar basketball this year can see that this is the first time since this conference's reincarnation that the team has depth. They run 10 deep and all 10 are Big East talents.
FriarsForever

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board