Copeland transferring from Georgetown

The home for Big East hoops

Postby Jet915 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:36 pm

Jeff Goodman ‏@GoodmanESPN
Georgetown's Isaac Copeland will transfer, per school. Had seen his role decrease lately. Highly touted recruit.

Seemed to get worse every year.
Jet915

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Copeland transferring from Georgetown

Postby Fieldhouse Flyer » Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:02 am

5-star Isaac Copeland – Rivals Class of 2014 Profile (#23 in Rivals 150) ... 5-star Isaac Copeland – ESPN Class of 2014 Profile (#16 in ESPN 100)

Isaac Copeland – ESPN Career Stats & Game Log ... played a total of 8 minutes in the Hoya’s last 5 games ... shooting 28% from the field this season.

Georgetown basketball’s Isaac Copeland to transfer – Washington Post - December 12, 2016 - 6:48 PM
The arrival of graduate transfer Rodney Pryor in addition to elevated minutes this season for reserves Marcus Derrickson and Kaleb Johnson left Thompson less room in the rotation for Copeland, who is averaging 5.4 points and 3.3 rebounds in 19.6 minutes. Last season, Copeland averaged 32 minutes, the second most on the Hoyas, as well as 11.1 points and 5.4 rebounds.

Pryor leads Georgetown in scoring this season (20.6 points per game) and is second in minutes behind guard L.J. Peak.
Fieldhouse Flyer

Postby BigmanU » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:20 am

Probably the best. He may get a medical redshirt (facial injury) this year and have 2years of eligibility at his next stop.

Fell out of the rotation behind Agau and Derrickson. Major liability on defense and his offense has regressed. We have actually looked competent defensively since he went down.

Always seemed like a good kid. I hope he works his butt off to get his stroke back and tighten his handle. The time off may do him wonders.
Last edited by BigmanU on Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
BigmanU

Postby hoyahooligan » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:38 am

Defensive liability.

So far this year has shot 27.5% from the field and 0% from 3 this year.

Hurts just because there was always so much potential, but didn't seem like he was ever going to realize it.

Don't think it will hurt that much this year. Next year could hurt as we lose pryor and Hayes and could lose Peak with the season he's been having.
hoyahooligan

Postby JohnW22 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:43 am

I see this as a positive
XU
JohnW22

Postby BEhomer » Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:17 pm

next level talent but seemed to lack that competitive fire. I think it's wise to turn the page on that recruiting class.
BEhomer

Postby Wizard of Westroads » Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:28 pm

I thought he was pretty good, but if GT fans don't care, then I guess no big deal.
Wizard of Westroads

Postby Fieldhouse Flyer » Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:20 am

Archie Miller is known to be looking for another PF to add to Dayton’s Roster. It is unknown if there is/will be any mutual interest.

It is unlikely that Isaac Copeland is transferring with the intention of being a reserve player on good Power 5 conference team.

Former Hoya Vee Sanford had a memorable two years as a Dayton Flyer.

Vee Sanford's Game-Winning Shot Over Ohio State In The 2014 NCAA Tournament - March 20, 2014

Thad Matta will remember him for a long time as well.
Fieldhouse Flyer

Postby XtoDC » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:52 am

Fieldhouse Flyer wrote:Archie Miller is known to be looking for another PF to add to Dayton’s Roster. It is unknown if there is/will be any mutual interest.

It is unlikely that Isaac Copeland is transferring with the intention of being a reserve player on good Power 5 conference team.

Former Hoya Vee Sanford had a memorable two years as a Dayton Flyer.

Vee Sanford's Game-Winning Shot Over Ohio State In The 2014 NCAA Tournament - March 20, 2014

Thad Matta will remember him for a long time as well.

I don't think he would be good enough for one of the blue bloods since they could just recruit a 5 star freshman for any open spots without using a scholarship on someone who has to sit out a year. Most coaches outside of that would probably love the opportunity to try and coach him up unless he is a serious headcase. I could definitely see a solid coach like Archie or someone nearby like Tony Bennet turning his career around. If he doesn't have a great attitude I see him trying to be a star at a mid level school and not hearing much about him.
XtoDC

Postby GumbyDamnit! » Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:26 pm

I was wrong about Copeland. That was a great recruiting year for the conference and I thought Copeland was going to be the best of the bunch. Just seemed to lock the fire and drive to be great. Mirrored his coach in many ways. He has all the tools but seemed either soft or apathetic. What could have been... hope he figures it out and ends up in a better spot to succeed.
Go Nova!
GumbyDamnit!

Next

Return to Big East basketball message board