site problems

The home for Big East hoops

Re: site problems

Postby Barley » Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:49 am

I've been checking the board on my iPhone a couple of times a day without any issues.
Barley

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby admin » Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:40 pm

A couple of belated notes:

1) My apologies if the board turned into the wild west the past week or so. I just returned stateside and I think we have rectified the primary trolling issue.
2) I has limited connectivity the past week and I was unaware of the server issues until reading the thread. I communicated with ipower, the host provider, today from the Atlanta airport to express my dissatisfaction with their service. Hopefully they can remedy the immediate concern. That said, if anyone can recommend and wants to assist with migrating over to a different provider, please send me a DM.
3) I will be the first to admit that the board has grown far larger than I could have foreseen when we created it anticipating a C7 split. There are a number of ways that we would like to improve the board for our users and hopefully we will have news in that regard soon.

Thank you for participating at HLOH and we ask you to bear with us a little until these issues get sorted out. Happy Holidays.

-Admin
admin
Site Admin

Postby Jet915 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:21 pm

Yeah, still having problems with the site. Viewing posts is ok but if you try to post something, you almost get an error message every time and have to post twice to get one post across...
Jet915

Postby admin » Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:20 am

Let me know if it persists. I haven't had any issues this morning.
admin
Site Admin

Postby stever20 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:01 am

it seems better this morning.....

I blame sacdogtown.....
stever20

Postby milksteak » Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:12 am

I, personally, haven't had any major issues. Occasionally, when I'm on my phone, the site will redirect to some site that says I've won a prize. But, if I resubmit the URL, the site usually comes up with no issues. It's not that big of a deal.
"I am a penned-up, leashed dog right now, and I can't wait to get started for Butler University."
- Barry Collier, August 1, 2006
milksteak

Postby mpwalsh8 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:39 pm

mpwalsh8 wrote:
adoraz wrote:Yes this site is by far the glitchiest site I regularly visit.

I had to get my password changed a year ago, now every time I go on the site it won't save my password and I need to manually type it in.

Another huge problem I have is whenever I view it on mobile. I own a lot of Android and iPhones, up through new phones like the Pixel XL and iPhone 7 Plus (for a side business). ALL OF THEM on mobile are awful. Simply clicking on a topic will redirect me to spam sites every time I visit Holy Land. Regardless of whether I'm logged in, which browser I'm using, etc. I can't be the only one with this issue.

Also, took me multiple times logging in today to post this message. Terrible.

I see this same problem on my iPad pretty regularly. Don't see it on my phone often but I don'5 read with my phone much either.

HLOH is suffering from this problem again. It is almost impossible to view the site with my iPad. Works fine from my laptop.
mpwalsh8

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board