(4) Wednesday Big East Games 12/07/2016...

The home for Big East hoops

Re: (4) Wednesday Big East Games 12/07/2016...

Postby DudeAnon » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:04 am

JohnW22 wrote:
BEhomer wrote:
X @ Heart wrote:We need Myles desperatley. No need to fret, two tough road games both losses. But lately Bernard, Jones, Gooden and Macura and Gates have disappeared. O'Mara I just dont understand. But X will bounce back. We just cant put the ball in the basket. Starting to wonder if out rebounding your opponent is a bit overrated.

They lack a true point. Sumner is more of a slasher. i think an experienced guard like Myles will do wonders for their offense.

Myles isn't going to fix the true point guard issue. Myles is a shooting guard and will get very limited minutes at the point just like last year.

Couldn't disagree more. Myles was our de facto point guard last year when Sumner was injured or making dumb mistakes. He doesn't have to do everything, but he will help lift the load from Sumner immensely.
Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby JohnW22 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:07 am

DudeAnon wrote:Couldn't disagree more. Myles was our de facto point guard last year when Sumner was injured or making dumb mistakes. He doesn't have to do everything, but he will help lift the load from Sumner immensely.

Myles point guard minutes came when Sumner was on the bench though. This year Xavier has a legitimate backup point guard in Q Goodin who will take those minutes when Sumners sitting out.
XU
JohnW22

Postby gtmoBlue » Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:23 pm

Not a great night, but as someone earlier on this thread said; "things are settling to the mean".

Most may be surprised, but there is a handful of folks here who are "not one bit surprised by the shortcomings of some of our frontrunners" (that's what She said) - and had stated so in the preseason.

Agree that the conference will fight to stay at or near the top of the RPI, and hopefully with 4 ranked teams... However, both X (respectable Utah 6-1 & WF 7-2) and Butler (#22 Cincinnati, #9 Indiana) have some very tough opponents still ahead. I anticipate seeing whether these teams have some heart to go along with their talent.

Way to rise, The Hall, way to rise to the occasion. DELGADO is Awesome.
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Postby FDS » Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:40 pm

gtmoBlue wrote:Agree that the conference will fight to stay at or near the top of the RPI, and hopefully with 4 ranked teams... However, both X (respectable Utah 6-1 & WF 7-2) and Butler (#22 Cincinnati, #9 Indiana) have some very tough opponents still ahead. I anticipate seeing whether these teams have some heart to go along with their talent.

Lose 1 road game in December and you question the heart of a team?? :roll: :roll:

Dougy Fresh McDermott, former POY, is slumming in the D-League... What do you think that says about his heart?
FDS

Postby BEhomer » Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:46 pm

JohnW22 wrote:
BEhomer wrote:
X @ Heart wrote:We need Myles desperatley. No need to fret, two tough road games both losses. But lately Bernard, Jones, Gooden and Macura and Gates have disappeared. O'Mara I just dont understand. But X will bounce back. We just cant put the ball in the basket. Starting to wonder if out rebounding your opponent is a bit overrated.

They lack a true point. Sumner is more of a slasher. i think an experienced guard like Myles will do wonders for their offense.

Myles isn't going to fix the true point guard issue. Myles is a shooting guard and will get very limited minutes at the point just like last year.

that's what I thought of him up until last year. he's an undersized shooting guard. but I was impressed with his decision making and leadership. Xavier seems to lack that this season at the point. it's whoever has the ball in his hands go one on one.
BEhomer

Postby stever20 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:53 pm

FDS wrote:
gtmoBlue wrote:Agree that the conference will fight to stay at or near the top of the RPI, and hopefully with 4 ranked teams... However, both X (respectable Utah 6-1 & WF 7-2) and Butler (#22 Cincinnati, #9 Indiana) have some very tough opponents still ahead. I anticipate seeing whether these teams have some heart to go along with their talent.

Lose 1 road game in December and you question the heart of a team?? :roll: :roll:

Dougy Fresh McDermott, former POY, is slumming in the D-League... What do you think that says about his heart?

WTF are you talking about? He had a concussion, and he's playing in the D-League as like a minor league rehab stint in baseball. Before the concussion he was averaging 24 minutes a game. So spare me the drama.
stever20

Postby FlyByNight101 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:54 pm

FDS wrote:

Really solid "Follow up a dumb comment with a dumber comment" :roll:
FlyByNight101

Postby sciencejay » Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:56 pm

From FDS: "Dougy Fresh McDermott, former POY, is slumming in the D-League... What do you think that says about his heart?"

FDS: it says nothing about his heart. It says everything about his recovery from a concussion. He was called back up today.

I guess the camaraderie of the OOC is over :D :D
sciencejay

Postby FDS » Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:12 pm

FlyByNight101 wrote:

Was actually a question... not a comment. Would think someone who went to the #1 Regional school in the midwest would know the difference.

Was making a point though that to question the heart of a team or player, based on something so small, is ridiculous. I am sorry sarcasm and grammar are so difficult for you.

But by Gtmo's logic should we question the heart of every Creighton team ever, seeing as they can NEVER get past the (real) second round of the NCAA tournament? (This was a question, as demonstrated by a question mark, in case you still don't understand the difference between a question and a comment.) :roll: :roll: :roll:
FDS

Postby FlyByNight101 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:42 pm

FDS wrote:
FlyByNight101 wrote:

Was actually a question... not a comment. Would think someone who went to the #1 Regional school in the midwest would know the difference.

Was making a point though that to question the heart of a team or player, based on something so small, is ridiculous. I am sorry sarcasm and grammar are so difficult for you.

But by Gtmo's logic should we question the heart of every Creighton team ever, seeing as they can NEVER get past the (real) second round of the NCAA tournament? (This was a question, as demonstrated by a question mark, in case you still don't understand the difference between a question and a comment.) :roll: :roll: :roll:

So you reacted to a dumb comment by asking a dumb question to make a dumb point. Got it. Please accept my humble apologies, I bow to your intellect.
FlyByNight101

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board