Thursday Big East Game (SJ v. Fordham) 6:30 FS1

The home for Big East hoops

Postby SJHooper » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:39 am

This is a game we want badly. Not because Fordham is any kind of great program, but because of how embarrassed we were by them last year. Their coach allowed them to pour it on and showboat even when they were up by a ton. Not a classy program. I believe I remember them still shooting 3's in the last seconds up by 30 or 40 instead of just dribbling and running out the clock. Mullin had a brief confrontation with their coach in the handshake line so that only adds to the drama.

To me this game is very simple. If we have LoVett and he is 100% healthy, there's no reason we shouldn't win convincingly. If LoVett is out or plays with a bad ankle, we may be in trouble. LoVett is the one player we truly truly cannot afford to get injured...Ponds as well but LoVett really scores in bunches. Fordham is #179 we are #115 so yes we are the favorites, but our rankings aren't very far apart. This game was circled for lots of SJ fans due to what happened last year.
SJHooper

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Thursday Big East Game (SJ v. Fordham) 6:30 FS1

Postby SJHooper » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:18 am

Latest: There are conflicting reports on LoVett who was out last game with a sprained ankle (he had a boot on). The program says he is "day to day" but the boot suggests otherwise. Then on Twitter the other day, a fan asked LoVett if he would play tonight and he said something like "is water wet?" obviously implying a clear yes. Then I read a NYPost article saying he will likely not play. This is something I've noticed about this program...always conflicting reports on injuries and nothing is up front. It always brings the Mets to mind with how they deal with injuries.

Allow me to translate:

Day to Day = Out a few weeks

My guess is that even if LoVett says he is fine and begs to play, the staff will not let him. Without LoVett I'm not confident at all in this game. I just wish we would be more clear with injuries and be brutally honest instead of giving false hope.
SJHooper

Return to Big East basketball message board