Haha there goes Lunardi putting Xavier next to cincinnati or dayton again
XU
JohnW22

Re: 12/1 Bracketology

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Hall2012 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:46 pm

Well if this were the bracket, it would be Seton Hall's 2nd #1 overall seed in the NIT under Willard. Hopefully they can boost that resume a bit.
Seton Hall Pirates
Big East Tournament Champions: 1991, 1993, 2016
Big East Regular Season Champions: 1992, 1993, 2020
Hall2012

Postby hoops22 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:58 pm

Hard to take this seriously. He has Syracuse as a 9 seed despite a 5-3 record and an RPI of 172. No good wins, two blowout losses to decent competition and another loss to a putrid UCONN squad. Tell me how that justifies a 9 seed.
hoops22

Postby gtmoBlue » Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:04 pm

hoops22 wrote:Hard to take this seriously. He has Syracuse as a 9 seed despite a 5-3 record and an RPI of 172. No good wins, two blowout losses to decent competition and another loss to a putrid UCONN squad. Tell me how that justifies a 9 seed.

It's early in the season...S'Cuse could possibly win their next few... :o
Beauty Contest-Name Recognition.... Just say this slowly...Sy..ra..Cuseeee, rinse n repeat x 3. ;)
I luv Joe, but it is well known he suffers from "East Coast Bias Syndrome"...when in doubt he defaults to S'Cuse, UConn, and G'twn... :lol:

These are merely early season guesses guys...relax.
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Postby DudeAnon » Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:59 pm

Creighton should be a 3 seed.
Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

Postby Novachap » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:29 pm

Lunardi did a feature on why Nova deserves to be the overall #1 seed on espn.... hope he still has a job after that! I cant see us keeping that for the rest of the way. Still no phil booth, only going 7 deep. They will tire and get knocked off several times imho. Didnt realize the record since 2013 was the best in the country... 106-13. Very good time to be a cat fan, very thankful.

If they get past ND on saturday, i think the folks in omaha will be the first ones to get them on their home court. That is for you GTMO.
Novachap

Postby ecasadoSBU » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:27 pm

If i were ya i wouldnt even link Linardi's bracketology. The guy has a love fest with the ACC. Does anyone really think the ACC is deserving if 10 bids right now... lets start by syracuse? Pitt? Florida state? Virginia Tech? Whatthefuckkk??? And then you have the balls to leave Providence and Seton Hall out? I mean cmon... even DePaul has a better RPI than Syracuse right now. LUNARDI is a sell out to the ACC. When March comes around the Big East should have at least 6 teams unless we collapse in the rest of this OOC month
Stony Brook Red, Connecticut Blue, and Big East basketball!
ecasadoSBU

Postby gtmoBlue » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:30 pm

Novachap wrote:Lunardi did a feature on why Nova deserves to be the overall #1 seed on espn.... hope he still has a job after that! I cant see us keeping that for the rest of the way. Still no phil booth, only going 7 deep. They will tire and get knocked off several times imho. Didnt realize the record since 2013 was the best in the country... 106-13. Very good time to be a cat fan, very thankful.

If they get past ND on saturday, i think the folks in omaha will be the first ones to get them on their home court. That is for you GTMO.

It must be killing ESPN to state the obvious facts: Villanova is the Best Collegiate Team in the US. 'Nova should roll over an overrated Notre Dame squad.

As for our New Years Eve date...the champagne Brut, caviar Black, cheese Roquefort, with a crisp French baguette to cleanse the palette. Should be a great date- 'Nova vs Cr8n, and an excellent, exciting, Top 10 college basketball game. The house that Dana built will be rockin'!
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Postby stever20 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:05 pm

ecasadoSBU wrote:If i were ya i wouldnt even link Linardi's bracketology. The guy has a love fest with the ACC. Does anyone really think the ACC is deserving if 10 bids right now... lets start by syracuse? Pitt? Florida state? Virginia Tech? Whatthefuckkk??? And then you have the balls to leave Providence and Seton Hall out? I mean cmon... even DePaul has a better RPI than Syracuse right now. LUNARDI is a sell out to the ACC. When March comes around the Big East should have at least 6 teams unless we collapse in the rest of this OOC month

The number of bids is going to be impacted by the conference season big time. I mean, if the final standings are what's currently projected on KP with Nova at 15-3, then a 3 way tie for 2nd at 11-7- then 5th at 10-8, and 6th at 9-9- that would be a recipe for 6. But if Nova is like 16-2, and then there's another team with 13-14 wins, those wins are going to come from the next 4 teams almost certainly.

As far as the ACC, they right now have 10 teams in the Ken Pom top 40. They have 7 teams right now with 0-1 loss, and another 5 with 2 losses. And none of those 12 teams are Syracuse. It's very possible the ACC gets 10. I really hope not, but still.
stever20

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board