Big East Academics

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Big East Academics

Postby TAMU Eagle » Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:59 am

Jet915 wrote:
sciencejay wrote:Does that mean the PhD I got from Creighton is actually a Master's? :lol: :lol: :oops:

Haha, it's funny that Creighton is in the "master''s catergory when they offer so many Doctoral degrees (MD, DDS, Pharm D, DPT, DOT, Law, PhD etc..).

You have to offer 20 different doctorates in order to be classified as a doctoral level institution.
TAMU Eagle

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Jet915 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:19 am

TAMU Eagle wrote:
Jet915 wrote:
sciencejay wrote:Does that mean the PhD I got from Creighton is actually a Master's? :lol: :lol: :oops:

Haha, it's funny that Creighton is in the "master''s catergory when they offer so many Doctoral degrees (MD, DDS, Pharm D, DPT, DOT, Law, PhD etc..).

You have to offer 20 different doctorates in order to be classified as a doctoral level institution.

Im assuming 20 different Phd's?
Jet915

Postby TAMU Eagle » Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:08 pm

Jet915 wrote:
Im assuming 20 different Phd's?

I don't believe so but honestly am not sure.
TAMU Eagle

Postby Make Your Bones » Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:26 pm

FenwayFriar wrote:
Jet915 wrote:Creighton has been #1 for the last 14 years, I hope one day we make the jump like Nova did to the national ranking.

Nova had kept PC at the #2 spot for many many years. So it was a win-win when Nova made the jump to national. PC got the #1 spot and Nova got a great national ranking.

I hadn't thought about it that way. Glad we could help! PC is a great school too.

I think Villanovans are happy that we can now say "top 50 on the list that includes the Ivies, etc." But we'd like to think we're a much better undergrad than some of the schools ahead of us, since USN uses some metrics that are harder for smaller schools. At least, for what I do (finance), I would rather have my degree than one from most of the schools in the 30-40's. Hopefully, the national championship gets us an influx of apps this year, driving down that acceptance rate! Ratings (especially for a whole school, rather than a specific program) are pretty stupid, but high school kids use them, so what can you do?
Go Nova!
Make Your Bones

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board