Butler vs Dayton

The home for Big East hoops

Butler vs Dayton

Postby augkash » Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:05 pm

Butler will win this game but it was a really good game at UD during season. Dayton has a shot if the young kids don't turn ball over and air Canada shoots more
augkash

Butler vs Dayton

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Butler vs Dayton

Postby Edrick » Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:09 pm

Butler played without their best player, in Dayton, and it was a 10+ point game for 3/4s of the game. It was never in doubt after the 2nd media timeout
Last edited by Edrick on Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Edrick

Postby augkash » Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:12 pm

Butler jumped out on them early but it ended up being a very good game.
augkash

Postby jkc_dawgs » Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:22 pm

augkash wrote:Butler jumped out on them early but it ended up being a very good game.

Rotnei Clarke...

Butler by 17.
"I'm not coming out" -Rotnei Clarke

Go Dawgs
jkc_dawgs

Postby BillEsq » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:49 pm

Butler should crush them. That said Dayton is a wacky team this year and always capable of an upset. The A-10 tournament will be wide open. Most years the A-10 provides multiple upsets and this year being as close and talented as any A-10 tourney in history... I wouldn't rule out a surprise in any game.

Good luck to you both.
BillEsq

Postby UD_Earl » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:08 pm

I was at the UD/Butler game at UD Arena. Butler really out classed UD that day. Really the outcome was never too much in question. In watching that game, it seemed to me that Butler had players had very Basketball IQs. I was very envious of their team that day. In the time between then and now, UD has improved as our Freshmen have matured. I have been somewhat down on the team this year - but I see a light at the end of the tunnel now. I think this will actually be a pretty good game. If we beat Butler, I would give us a good shot at beating Lasalle. I am hopeful, but realistic. Probably lose - but hopeful for an upset. Our Freshamn D Pierre is going to be a very very good ball player. He has that something that great players have. Watch out for him. UD Earl
UD_Earl

Postby ChiFlyer » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:46 pm

It was a stupid, lazy play by Derenbecker. He committed a turnover and was frustrated. I don't think he had any intention of trying to hurt Clarke, but I think its fair to say it was a dirty play. It is a text book Flagrant 1. The outcome of the play shouldn't really impact the verdict on whether it was a dirty play, but the only reason we are talking about it is because Clarke got hurt. 99.9% of the time the player fouled in that situation is totally fine and goes to the line and the play is an afterthought.

I think everyone is relieved that Clarke is back and as effective ever.
ChiFlyer

Postby Ride Captain » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:22 pm

Clarke was out, but his replacement didn't miss a thing. Unless Clarke shoots above 100%, it's a wash. Still, I expect the Flyers to mail it in. Dogs by 18.
Ride Captain

Postby BillikensWin » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:43 pm

Pierre looks to be the real deal for UD.

Butler I think wins this game, but I think it will be relatively close.
Saint Louis University: Proud Members of the Big Atlantic Valley Conference
BillikensWin

Return to Big East basketball message board